IKAWA online profile editor ( with QR codes ) - Page 4

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Esteve (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by Esteve (original poster) »

Oh, that is strange, I have just clicked on an old home link and it worked. But then generated a new one and didn't... I'll look into it :)

I have not noticed as I have been using my own iPhone/iOs app, Old HB post . The app changed a bit but the mechanics are the same.

Esteve (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by Esteve (original poster) »

fjen wrote:Did a little bit more poking because I actually have not been able to get a single new profile to import all of a sudden.
Thanks for reporting it :) I have found the issue and I think it is resolved.

The issue was that I was generating an import URL that contains "-" which is not decoded properly. I was using an urlsafe and on the decoder side it was not (my best guess)

If you go to your user profiles, edit, then generate again it should work.

fjen

#33: Post by fjen »

Woohoo!! Confirmed that did indeed fix it!

Awesome work!

Dormy

#34: Post by Dormy »

The QR code doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe because I have an original Kickstarter Home roaster (although strangely the original QR at the beginning of this thread did work).
But I find the app very useful still because it seems to be the only way I can access Ikawa's current profiles. I don't find it too hard to enter the settings manually into the Ikawa app.
Want to see them because I've just had the PCB replaced, meaning a recalibration, meaning that all previously worked out profiles don't work as they did, and I'm hoping to use their recipes as a shortcut to getting my eye in on the new calibration.
Though some of what I'm seeing looks far too light for me. Though that doesn't matter as I'm used to making adjustments.
Looks like a very useful app all round.

Esteve (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#35: Post by Esteve (original poster) »

Thanks Dormy and Fjen.

Dormy, how are you using the QR code from Ikawa app or directly from the phone camera app? Also is it an iPhone or Android?

Update:

I tried the QR code with both the iPhone and Android App and straight from the App they seem to work. Maybe the problem is the same Fjen was having, have you tried clicking the "Generate link and store" again ? Thanks!

Dormy

#36: Post by Dormy »

I'm scanning the QR code on the laptop directly from the Ikawa app. Android.
I have tried repeating generation and storing.

I think this may well be the same issue causing the app not to load Ikawa profiles directly (saying that I don't seem to have the app - but my app is fully updated (as far as it will go). Maybe because I have an original 50g roaster.
Though I still don't know why the first one in the thread was read.

Esteve (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#37: Post by Esteve (original poster) »

Curious that the first QR code works well... The only particularity I see on that one is that the field coffee name was empty.

Is the Original 50G a PRO or HOME? Is the sensor at the bottom ? If the sensor is at the bottom make sure to select Temp Sensor : InletHome(1) .

Dormy

#38: Post by Dormy »

Esteve wrote:Is the Original 50G a PRO or HOME? Is the sensor at the bottom ? If the sensor is at the bottom make sure to select Temp Sensor : InletHome(1) .
Mine's the Home, though I think the very first was the Pro. I don't know sensor location, but doubt they would have changed that. I tried that setting but still no luck. Not the device either since I have the same issue with all my devices.

But as I say it doesn't really matter - I'm well used to creating and adjusting profiles on the apps. I mostly just look at the curves without ever wanting to try them; I'll have an idea about how they ought to work with each bean and will hopefully learn where I need to adjust my ideas for the new calibration.