IKAWA online profile editor ( with QR codes ) - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
fjen

#21: Post by fjen »

Esteve wrote:Ah, makes sense. I changed it. I was converting it to an int not a float. :?

You can now register and have all your profiles stored across devices. I have not fully tested it but should work well enough. You can also use the site without registering with the previous limitations. I think it is nice to make the profiles ahead of time on the computer and then just load it to the roaster when needed, removes the need for the QR basically.
I'm getting a weird issue today! When I try to load in any of the profile links, I get directed to the share.ikawa.support site, but it's now asking for a login with HTTP Basic Auth. I've tried both my Ikawa Home user account password and also my BeanDecoder login, but neither work.

EDIT: Seems to be an issue generally with the Ikawa site, it's not limited to Bean Decoder profiles. I can't even share my own profiles from the graph editor to others without this error. Send an email to Ikawa support.

fjen

#22: Post by fjen »

Seems like Ikawa still has not been able to fix their profile sharing. I've just reached out to support again to see if they have an update - but no word on official channels about this it seems.

Esteve (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by Esteve (original poster) »

I'm traveling and have not been able to try it much ... but it works for me now. Seems like a long time down .

fjen

#24: Post by fjen replying to Esteve »

For me, the problem has been trying to import the profile into the app. The link it generates goes to share.Ikawa.support, the same site as sharing profiles from the app directly.

Just tried it and the link still doesn't seem to work unfortunately.

Esteve (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by Esteve (original poster) »

You mean import a profile to the Ikawa app using a link ? Does clicking this link on your phone launch and import the profile?

Test profile

This one works for me.
★ Helpful

fjen

#26: Post by fjen replying to Esteve »

It's working now!!! Back when I posted it, it gave me a DNS error, but seems like they fixed it!

qtask

#27: Post by qtask »

Thank you so much for this app.
It is insanely usefull in this state.
You should provide a link so you get some support money for your coffees ;)

Esteve (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#28: Post by Esteve (original poster) »

Thanks!! Let me know if you find some bug or have a feature in mind :D

fjen

#29: Post by fjen »

Esteve, recently I've been getting an issue with the Home app saying that "this recipe format is not supported" when I try to import. However, I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary on the profile itself. I tried manually creating this profile multiple times on BeanDecoder and re-adding to the same result. Still in the process of tweaking the values to see if there is some numeric combination Ikawa is not happy with.

I've tried it with more vanilla profiles as well without really modifying the "populate profile" result to the same end recently. I have it feeling this is more of a database issue on Ikawa's end rather than something that BeanDecoder is doing incorrectly, as this problem has been intermittent for me.

---

One additional thing, I noticed that currently, the "Home Link" (and I assume the Pro Link) takes you to the
https://share.ikawa.support/profile_home/?[LONG MESS]
. If we look at where this link eventually goes, it leads to
ikawahome://profile/?[LONG MESS]
which is a deep link and opens the downloaded app directly. I wonder if it'll be more worthwhile to do the deeplink approach for the "Home Link" button.

I've found that on MacOS with an Apple Silicon Mac, running MS Edge, the share.ikawa.support link will not trigger the deep link to open the Ikawa app. However, if I change the URL to the ikawahome:// link, it indeed triggers the deep link and properly open the Ikawa Home app. No such trifles on iOS though.

fjen

#30: Post by fjen »

Did a little bit more poking because I actually have not been able to get a single new profile to import all of a sudden.

Turns out, whatever you put after https://share.ikawa.support/profile_home/?[___] will get immediately translated to ikawahome://profile/?[___]. Further, if you put random jibberish instead of a valid profile ID into ikawahome://profile/?[___], you will get the same error as I've been getting.

Perhaps, BeanDecoder is generating an incorrect Home profile link and causing the IkawaHome app to not recognize the profile?