Ikawa Home Roaster 100g (2021 ver.) - Review - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
pj.walczak

#11: Post by pj.walczak »

@Auctor - does the new app allows profile (recipe) sharing?

If, yes, can you share a few recipes, I wanted to check how they look like. (I am using the 50grams version).
---

Pawel

Auctor (original poster)

#12: Post by Auctor (original poster) »

Yes. Ryan shared this functionality in the other thread: New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity

Hopefully these recipes can be seen by you. Sharing is much easier when you directly send to someone.

'Filter Light ++' freshly roasted by @ikawahome, here's the recipe

https://share.ikawa.support/profile_hom ... 9waWEiACgB

'Filter Medium-Dark ++' freshly roasted by @ikawahome, here's the recipe

https://share.ikawa.support/profile_hom ... xhIgAoAQ==

'Filter Medium +' freshly roasted by @ikawahome, here's the recipe

https://share.ikawa.support/profile_hom ... lhIgAoAQ==

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by rhtrevino »

DHL just dropped off my new roaster! It's definitely cut from the same cloth as the Pro roaster and is a little tank of a machine. I need to wipe it down and wash the jars then off to roasting (well, maybe tomorrow). :)

B2uatk

#14: Post by B2uatk »

just received my machine as well..opened it like a candy wrapper :) it's definitely well made. I saw a diff thread where someone had bad experience with the build but clearly not in this case. How are folks sharing recipes? Facebook or is there anything better than that. I saw a Facebook group but it has few people in it.

RyanP

#15: Post by RyanP »

Mine was just dropped off, as well. Everything in good order. Looks like I somehow escaped customs fees and they honored their initial offer of the advanced editor to early adopters (not that I know what to do with it). Looking forward to doing a couple of initial roasts and seeing what comes out the other end!

Nanilla

#16: Post by Nanilla »

Is it possible to start the roast higher than room temp or 50C? I remember with V1 you could only do a slow ramp up.

ira
Team HB

#17: Post by ira »

Got mine today too. Decided to roast some couple year old Ethiopian for SM from back before I abandoned roasting. Decided to test the machine before using the supplied greens. Picked the recipe from the supplied Ethiopian bean and pressed go. Brewed up a cup in my Clever, 26 gm coffee, water to make 450gm and then forgot about it for about 10 or 15 minutes, it's been hectic at the office the last couple of days. But it was still the best cup of coffee I've had since the present if a small bottle from Levercraft a few months back. Tomorrow morning I'll try the roast of the supplied Guatamalan as did as the second roast.

But like others have said, it's serious machine, smells like roasting coffee but no smoke, easy to use, can't find anything to not like so far. More to come after using it for a while Though so far, after one day, it's doing better than the Behmor I tried so hard to master for something like 5 years.

Ira

B2uatk

#18: Post by B2uatk »

Does anyone know if the extra coffee promised the first 50 buyers is in the box? Or sent separately? And too bad they don't send coffee trays anymore (the packaging still has a cut out for it.)

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by rhtrevino replying to B2uatk »

My gesha was in the same box as the other samples.

Auctor (original poster)

#20: Post by Auctor (original poster) »

I spoke w/ customer service and confirmed that it's okay to dose 50g into the roaster (instead of 100g). They've tested it both ways and achieved similar (if not the same) results. Good to know that there's some flexibility built into the batch size.