Ikawa Home Roaster 100g (2021 ver.) - Review - Page 12

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
ira
Team HB

#111: Post by ira »

Seems like if you were going to root for anything, you'd want a way to link it to Artisan, then you could add and log more sensors. The Pro editor is nicer, mostly because of the mode where you can edit in a table. It works different too. Preheat is actually preheat, then it holds that temperature till you open and close the bean chute which is when the roast starts, so a bit nicer to use. But while still have both, though the Home and it's free editor will be for sale soon, it's not clear that it can roast better. Mostly it just seems to have better support and it's a whole lot easier to edit profiles and understand how in and out heat relate.

Ira

GDM528

#112: Post by GDM528 »

This is one of chief peeves about being a cheapskate and not paying for the subscription editor:

I presume the paid version corrects the display bug. It's cheaper to just be annoyed. Makes me envious for the tabular entry capability on the Pro app - and the ability to enter more than just six setpoints. Speaking of tables, I thought someone would've coded a way to import the roast logs to Artisan by now.

ira
Team HB

#113: Post by ira »

I'll have to check if it has that bug, but since the tablet lets you enter numbers, I just do any adjustments there.

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#114: Post by rhtrevino replying to ira »

This bug was just fixed in the latest iOS update. I had a chance to speak over Zoom with the app development program manager a few weeks ago and passed this bug along. Not saying that's what led to the fix, but I'm glad to see it taken care of nonetheless.