Huky IR burner issue - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Marcelnl

#11: Post by Marcelnl »

You can NOT dissasemble the cermic burner surface from the aluminum bowl, but you can unbolt the bowl from the burner chassis , undo the nozzle and inspect/clean the bowl from there.
I bought a replacement bowl from Mr Li because the ceramics were shot.
LMWDP #483

N6GQ (original poster)

#12: Post by N6GQ (original poster) replying to Marcelnl »

Ya, that's basically what I did - put a vacuum up to each inlet after unbolting the bowl from the rest of the chassis. Those two inlets (inner and outer ring) are both spotless. I'll take a closer look, there's a couple venturis right there at the inlets, perhaps there's something in there that's messing with the air/fuel mixture.
LMWDP #614

Marcelnl

#13: Post by Marcelnl »

yeah the venturi's OR perhaps the gas regulator (those do not last forever)
LMWDP #483

chuckcoffee

#14: Post by chuckcoffee »

Marceini/N6GQ

How many roasts did you have on that burner when you ran into had issues? I am 435 roasts and no issues yet

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by Brewzologist »

FWIW, I have found the tank and/or regulator to be the most common culprits. If there's any way you can swap those it would be a quick way to rule them out.

N6GQ (original poster)

#16: Post by N6GQ (original poster) replying to Brewzologist »

I just filled the tank, so there's one thing - didn't fix the problem.

Next is the regulator. Can I use any old regulator, or does this stove require a certain type of regulator?
LMWDP #614

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by Brewzologist »

N6GQ wrote: Next is the regulator. Can I use any old regulator, or does this stove require a certain type of regulator?
Assume you are talking USA so yep you can use any propane BBQ regulator. I like to use a variable pressure regulator for more control and a bit more pressure than a fixed one. This is what I am currently using: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LR ... UTF8&psc=1

N6GQ (original poster)

#18: Post by N6GQ (original poster) replying to Brewzologist »

Thank you - I had that same one in my Amazon cart - now ordered. Will hope that resolves the issue.
LMWDP #614

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by Brewzologist »

Report back. Happy to help as this could one day affect others.

mikeTRON

#20: Post by mikeTRON »

Any update on this?

Worst case scenario are you simply replacing the burner? On that note are there upgraded burners or do most folks simply replace with the Huky IR burner?