How to Split a Daterra Masterpiece

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Boldjava

#1: Post by Boldjava »

All the details are here:

https://www.masterpiecesbydaterra.com/faq/

My suggestion is that you form your own purchasing group. One person takes the lead. Hand goes up high and is willing to take the hit if someone comes up short.

Just 53 pounds to split. Not difficult to fill.

Here are the coffees: https://www.masterpiecesbydaterra.com/p ... microlots/
Decide on which coffee. Don't waste too much time deliberating. They all will be good.
Decide if you want samples. I would fly without them given timing.
Be on the stick. When the site opens on Nov 25th in your time zone, be there and purchasing.
Realize you have some shipping costs for piggy backing off someone's container. Much cheaper than airfreighting it. Can't be in a rush on it.
You will have ground transportation costs as well from that roaster's, say Chicago, or Detroit, or wherever.
You will have shipping costs via USPS.

Make it fun, not drudgery. DB
-----
LMWDP #339
★ Helpful

Chert
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Chert »

I should probably contact them to learn about their import partners and how that works and how much that increasesthe price. Folks who might be interested need to post here to get a sense of if there be interest.

Thanks for your advice to start it off.

I don't know when they went live with the announcement but I don,t see how one would order samples anyway.

D12 and D11 interest me the most
| |_
| LMWDP #198 |

Aida Battle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Battle
mkane
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by mkane »

#20 here please.

Citsortsa

#4: Post by Citsortsa »

20 sounds good to me, too. Would also pony up for any of the Laurinas if I'm being honest.

cmapes
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by cmapes »

D26 and D24 sound interesting. What do you figure the shipping costs typically run on these masterpiece lots?

Strifer

#6: Post by Strifer »

As others have mentioned, any of the Laurinas and number 20 looks good to me as well. What is the typical minimum number of pounds to participate in the split?

[creative nickname]
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by [creative nickname] »

I'd be down to grab 5-10 lbs of many of these options. Laurina might be a bit steep for me, but I'd happily spring for #20, #11 or #12 (which various people have mentioned). I'd also throw #18 into the mix as a potential option.
LMWDP #435

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
Madman13

#8: Post by Madman13 »

I would like to be in for 5lbs, all of the aforementioned lots sounds good to me including the Laurinas.

Chert
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by Chert »

cmapes wrote:D26 and D24 sound interesting. What do you figure the shipping costs typically run on these masterpiece lots?

From Brasil and then distribution will add to the cost per pound. I can't tell from the links posted above. I am looking into that and if I learn anything I will report back. This thread is not about a transaction of splitting a Masterpiece lot, it is just to gauge interest. I 'm not sure at what point moderators judge the discussion inappropriate for forum rules.
| |_
| LMWDP #198 |

cmapes
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by cmapes »

Chert wrote: From Brasil and then distribution will add to the cost per pound. I can't tell from the links posted above. I am looking into that and if I learn anything I will report back. This thread is not about a transaction of splitting a Masterpiece lot, it is just to gauge interest. I 'm not sure at what point moderators judge the discussion inappropriate for forum rules.
They'll show up quickly if they don't like what they see. I'll say that I hope the discussion is allowed to continue, as this is valuable for the community.