How to Split a Daterra Masterpiece - Page 10

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Boldjava (original poster)

#91: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

45% Yemen Haraaz
45% Eth Yirge natural
10% D20
UU-ee. One bright bugger in a 14.9g run. Creama was fine. Shot was molasses, Ricola lemon drops, and spice rack. Tomorrow will try it as a cortado.

Will use 40/40/20 blend on next roast and keep using the D20 as my blender, tweaking by 10s, then 2s when I get closer. until I score.
-----
LMWDP #339

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#92: Post by Brewzologist »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Chert sent me some roasted D20. WOWZA for that roast he did. The cats were like Dad's gone crazy. Thanks for sharing.
Flint; Is this the profile you used for the beans you sent to Michael? Do tell! I've been too busy to roast this but hope too soon. Looking for a good SO pour-over roast profile example.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#93: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Brewzologist wrote:Chert; Is this the profile you used for the beans you sent to Michael? Do tell! I've been too busy to roast this but hope too soon. Looking for a good SO pour-over roast profile example.
No it was #1604 but similar temp rise after FCs. Don't go more than 15F.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Chert

#94: Post by Chert »

Forwhat it's worth, here is the 1604 profile t

Oops. My charge is 360g - what charge mass you see is sloppy carryover from first roast
LMWDP #198

Chert

#95: Post by Chert »

[creative nickname] wrote:Mine is here, but infuriatingly my roaster is offline until I can troubleshoot the ignition system. With luck I'll be able to take it for a spin this weekend.
I hope so. I always like to hear your take on a coffee. And off topic: have you tried the Ecuador Galo Morales?
LMWDP #198

[creative nickname]

#96: Post by [creative nickname] »

Roaster is still offline, sadly. I'm trying to track down a problem in the ignition system-I might need to replace the ignition controller. So I still haven't gotten to try this one (nor the Ecuador one you mentioned)!
LMWDP #435

Chert

#97: Post by Chert »

Sorry about that. I hope it gets sorted soon.
LMWDP #198

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#98: Post by Brewzologist »

Finally got around to roasting this! Roasts similar but ever so slightly hotter than my other naturals. How long is everyone letting a light roast of D20 rest?

Chert

#99: Post by Chert »

Take the aroma right away! 48 hours is a good rest methinks
LMWDP #198

mkane
Supporter ♡

#100: Post by mkane »

We start tasting @ 12hrs and everyday day afterwards. So far no bad days.