How to Split a Daterra Masterpiece - Page 11

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#101: Post by Brewzologist »

First cup this morning. Wow! Impressive. Really grateful for the coffees I am now getting exposed to via the HB community. Thanks Flint!

mkane
Supporter ♡

#102: Post by mkane »

Roasted out last bit of D20 this morning. Fantastic aroma.

Sorry for no tasting notes.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#103: Post by mkane »

Ground, 1 hrs rest. Trying as a PO
It's got that D20 aroma. A nice sweet spice of some kind.

Hot sips confirm this should age well. Very light acidity. Not thick on the tongue.

Milk Chocolate anyone.

Edit: my wife say's there no spice aroma. She says Chocolate too. I'll let her taste test from now on, that she's home full time now.

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#104: Post by Brewzologist »

I'd post tasting notes too but I'm no good at it. But I'd certainly put D20 in the league of ABS and PEN as one of my top coffees.

bradm

#105: Post by bradm »

mkane wrote:Roasted out last bit of D20 this morning.
Mike - It is most impressive how you hit those time and RoR intervals that you've mentioned several times, in spite of this being a much longer roast. Just saying.

Not that it matters much for the bullet, but do you use a no-gas soak? Looks like you may have soaked for 1:30 in this one?

mkane
Supporter ♡

#106: Post by mkane »

Usually, soak until the turnaround. That temp determines the first gas setting. This small gas roaster retains lot's of heat is the reason behind such a long soak.

suppose I could soak less and start with less gas but towards the end I might run out of power and not have enough gas left to avoid a flick @ 1C.

Chert

#107: Post by Chert »

Thanks to everyone who went into this splitting of a lot. That strawberry fragrance when ground makes for a great aromatic start to a Saturday.

I notice. Daterra as a well established company donated much of the proceeds of masterpiece sales this year. So it has that going for it too.
LMWDP #198

Strifer

#108: Post by Strifer »

Many thanks to Flint for organizing the green coffee split! Amazing to hear about the philanthropy of Daterra.

Finally got around to roasting and tasting as a pour over two days later. Definitely taste some chocolate and a slight fruit hint. Amazing smelling and am expecting it to taste better with age. Still new with the Bullet so I wanted to see how my usual roasting strategy holds. Will likely follow one of the roasts posted here next batch in hopes of exploring the beans even more. Open to any roasting advice if offered :D .

Chert

#109: Post by Chert »

I just started roasting the last of my Guarani stash.

And the 2021 Auction is just around the corner.

Daterra instagram has teasers of the varieties and their promotion materials. Makes me wonder if collecting cards usually come with sample sets.

Guarani varietal is not on the auction list this year, but other fruity naturals sound good.
LMWDP #198

Chert

#110: Post by Chert »

I just see on Instagram a roaster who used Daterra Guarani last year.

I wonder how it was.

Apollon's Gold Daterra Guarani
LMWDP #198