How connect Arduino D1 to Artisan?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Nazaren0k

#1: Post by Nazaren0k »

Hi All,

This is my first post and I would like to ask for help from everyone (sorry for the mistakes because I don't speak English.). I read a lot of discussions from the forum, but never found the answer. My coffeeroaster is Toper Cafemino. How i can connect my Arduino to Artisan? My data collection hardware is:

ASUS Vivobook 15, OS Windows 10
Artisan 1.6.2
Arduino WeMos D1 ESP8266
Two Max 6675
Two K-type thermocouple

I need Artisan to control the temperature inside the drum and on the fan. Can someone tell me how to set up a connection in the board and in the Artisan itself? I don't have any code. If you still need some information or screenshots, I can provide everything. I will be very grateful for help!

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#2: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Have you searched here? See these threads and then search for more:

Getting Artisan to talk to Arduino

Huky Gas Automation

Your topic is very specific so hopefully you will find some guidance or find some people that you can PM for help.

Michael
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Brewzologist »

Welcome! I am not sure of your background. But, this may be a challenge unless you find someone who has done this specific integration. Many people on this forum who do these projects have a keen interest in engineering and figuring things out even if it takes more time than just buying a working solution. Michael has pointed you to some discussions, but they may be specific to certain roasters and devices. If you'd like something easier to implement, I suggest using a Phidget (1048 or VINT), or Arduino TC4 as your platform.

husamka

#4: Post by husamka »

If you can buy TC4, your configuration will be typical like others and easy to reach your task.

molimo140

#5: Post by molimo140 »

If you have access to the source code that your Arduino board is running, you can write an emulator for the TC4 board, which just so happens to be my solution for my roaster.

I'd be happy to help you with this if you drop me a PM.