Help setting up Air Pressure Phidget into Artisan - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Moxiechef (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) »

SJM wrote:No.
I had my 1048 and my 1011 in separate USB ports. The 1036 plugged into the 1011.
My stuff was all pre-hub Phidget.
Why don't you see if you can do it that way before trying to put it through the hub.

Have you looked at the raw data the way Marko mentioned?
Why don't you post a screen shot of that.
So I separated the TMP1101 from the 1036 & Vint Hub and hooked back up my 1048 for the TCs. I'd really like to have just 1 USB cable by using just the Vint Hub for both but in the mean time...

I could use a little help with the formula. Here's what I'm getting with Susan's formula, I'm guessing her raw data was just a touch different that what I'm getting. Also below is the raw data without any formula, note the air differential is showing up as 2601.3. I did a (x/26.013) to get me to a baseline of 100, which is a nice place on my Artisan graph but when you put the tube into negative pressure, it goes down...duh. What would a formula look like that would show it going up in a negative pressure?

Susan's Formula

The results of said formula.

The results with no formula.

SJM

#12: Post by SJM »

Moxiechef wrote:but when you put the tube into negative pressure, it goes down...duh.
I don't understand this statement.
Maybe you should post a picture of how your 1136 sensor is mounted in the air path.
It does need to be in a tube which is open towards the fan.
Like this:

This is what that formula looks like (lavender line) on an Artisan graph.

Ah, I just remembered something. There are two ports on the 1136. Try switching which one is in the exhuast....

MaKoMo

#13: Post by MaKoMo »

Moxiechef wrote:So I separated the TMP1101 from the 1036 & Vint Hub and hooked back up my 1048 for the TCs. I'd really like to have just 1 USB cable by using just the Vint Hub for both
You might also check if you have the latest Phidgets 22 driver installed. Phidgets keep on fixing issues and random detach from certain VINT modules was one of the issues they fixed at one point. Just an idea. I think my 1036 and my TMP1101 coexist happily with the later drivers on my setup. But I have first to get home to verify this again.

Supporter ♡

#14: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) »

SJM wrote:I don't understand this statement.
Maybe you should post a picture of how your 1136 sensor is mounted in the air path.
I haven't mounted it in the roaster yet. I've just been sucking on the tube to simulate negative pressure. I'll check the other port but I think it's in the -2 to 2 kPa port.
MaKoMo wrote:You might also check if you have the latest Phidgets 22 driver installed. Phidgets keep on fixing issues and random detach from certain VINT modules was one of the issues they fixed at one point. Just an idea. I think my 1036 and my TMP1101 coexist happily with the later drivers on my setup. But I have first to get home to verify this again.
I noticed the old Phidget Controller was in my settings folder, so I did go through and try to delete all the old 21 version files last night. I'll see if there are any 22 updates and try it again.

Supporter ♡

#15: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) »

Purged the old 21 stuff. Updated the 22 stuff and a couple firmwares. Still not talking together well. :(

samtsai5212

#16: Post by samtsai5212 »

Many thanks to MakoMo, SJM and Moxiechef. Through your discussions above I was able to put all the pieces of puzzle together and successfully installed phidget 1136 in Artisan. The following link is my step by step notes. Please give me feedback if there is anything to correct. Thank you.
https://wbcoffee.blogspot.com/2018/04/i ... ntial.html

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#17: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

samtsai5212 wrote:Many thanks to MakoMo, SJM and Moxiechef. Through you discussions above I was able to put all the pieces of puzzle together and successfully installed phidget 1136 in Artisan. The following link is my step by step notes. Please give me feedback if there is anything to correct. Thank you.
https://wbcoffee.blogspot.com/2018/04/i ... ntial.html
Truly a wonderful guide and post. If you don't mind we will include a link in the Artisan documentation.

Michael
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

samtsai5212

#18: Post by samtsai5212 »

You are welcome to share it.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#19: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz replying to samtsai5212 »

BTW one question looking at your system? It seems like you can't connect the 1048 to the Vinthub so you need 2 USB ports on your computer? Is that correct?
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

samtsai5212

#20: Post by samtsai5212 replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I was using 1048 before playing with 1136. I use Raspberry Pi 3 as a phidget network server and run Artisan remotely on Mac. You bet the pi 3 have a luxury of 4 usb ports to squander.