Harvest to Home ... shipping timing 2022?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Rickpatbrown

#1: Post by Rickpatbrown »

Does anyone have any insight to this year's harvest and shipping situation? Last year was really delayed and was hard to know when to buy. I ended up stocking up and then had exciting coffees coming out that I didnt have room/money for.

My main interests are east African coffee (Kenya/Ethiopia/Rwanda), but also like other stuff (Yemen, Honduras, Colombia and more).

My other concern is that the late arriving crop from last year is still sitting around. Even though it arrived to the US in Oct-December, it was harvested and processed last spring. I find greens to degrade much quicker than most people claim. Of course they are ok for 1-2 years, but they are really BEST within a 6 month- 1 year time frame.

Any discussion about harvest timings, this year's weather and harvest outlook as well as shipping concerns is welcome! Thanks!

harris

#2: Post by harris »

Rickpatbrown (original poster)

#3: Post by Rickpatbrown (original poster) replying to harris »

Wow! This is sooo much more info than I was hoping for! What a gem of a link. Thanks.

I wish it had all his tasting notes ... or they offered a curation service that would send me 5-10lb allotments of coffees they know I'd like. We need Pandora, but for coffee ... and not as aweful as Pandora.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by mkane »

Build one, a Pandora that is. May be very useful for those on the go.