Greens Alert

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
farmroast

#1: Post by farmroast »

Since hunting down exceptional greens can be a challenge nowadays maybe heads up are in order.
here are a few recent listed lots I just ordered that should have exceptional potential for espresso and/or brewed.
SM Kenya Nyeri Ngunguru
SM Aida Batlle El Salvador Finca Kilimanjaro 2 processes set
SM Ethiopia DP Sidama Aleta Wondo
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"
★ Helpful

dynamiteid

#2: Post by dynamiteid »

I saw those show up yesterday. I have wanted to try some coffee from Aida for a while. I am excited to be able to actually try two different processes as well. I also ordered the Tolima small farmer set. It sounded like some nice coffees.

dustin360

#3: Post by dustin360 »

Good call on the heads up farm, I have all those in the mail already. Have you had a chance to roast abhor them yet?

blzrfn

#4: Post by blzrfn »

Just ordered the Ethiopian and Aida coffees. I passed on the Colombian set as only about one in five seem to impress me. Kenyans seem to be overpriced lately so I passed on that one as well. Thanks for the heads up Ed!

farmroast (original poster)

#5: Post by farmroast (original poster) »

dustin360 wrote:Good call on the heads up farm, I have all those in the mail already. Have you had a chance to roast abhor them yet?
Nope, just ordered yesterday. Normally I'd wait to roast and taste before mentioning but sometimes a nice lot will sell out by then so decided to mention on expectations.

blzrfn

#6: Post by blzrfn »

Just got my order from SM and the Ethipia Sidama DP smells amazing. Reminds me of the Amaro Gayo from last year and the Panama Elida natural, not bad company if you ask me. I will roast some up later in the week and report back.

jonny

#7: Post by jonny »

I just received 5 pounds of Aleta Wondo last week. I have yet to roast it (finals week) but I am excited since one of my all time favorite espressos was Sightglass' Aleta Wondo pulled at Barista this time last year. High hopes.

I also am drinking the Acatenango Gesha (sorry, no longer available at sm) which I pulled at a city roast and was very fruited (strawberry), floral (rose), and amazingly sweet. Not overbearingly acidic as expected from an espresso of a city roast. The sweetness of the city roast actually overcomes any acidic flavor to allow the nuances to shine through. like rose water strawberry lemonade ;)

dustin360

#8: Post by dustin360 »

Anyone who purchased these coffees want to talk about how they roasted them? How cool would it be if we had a place to discus profiles used on coffees that everyone has access too.

farmroast (original poster)

#9: Post by farmroast (original poster) »

The Aida Batlle El Salvador Finca Kilimanjaro 2 Lb Set is already sold out. Wow that was fast!

rama

#10: Post by rama »

Thanks Ed, I subscribe to the Sweet Marias RSS feed to stay on top of new arrivals.

Anyone else find it curious that the Kenya Nyeri Ngunguru arrived in July, but just got released? I find that... disingenuous.

Regarding Aida Battle, this was an interesting read:
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011 ... act_sanneh