Greens Alert - Page 228

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Chert

#2271: Post by Chert »

6 of 7 coe pink bourbon 2022 were washed. So that is something to suggest some non auction lots will come to market.
LMWDP #198

mpdeem
Team HB

#2272: Post by mpdeem »

Jasper_8137 wrote:Funny, I was just going through my greens and was wanting to roast some Panama Elida I got from Klatch last year, and to my dismay, was out. Just got the email from roastmasters and ordered 10 lbs of this. I'll let you all know what I think.
I just finished my first roast of the Panama Elida Catuai Natural ASD - it is fantastic. Roastmaster's description is spot on..black currant, candied apples. I also get black grapes, elderberry jam, and a hint of sweet tobacco. Deep and complex yet enough acid to balance out all those dark sweet fruits. The ASD processing is beautifully done, adding a little extra intensity to the fruit profile - but more like a rich fruit compote with a dash of elderberry wine. I ordered some more despite my measley budget - could not pass this up.

I would love to hear your feedback on this. If you love the regular Natural Process, I think you will love this.

I was inspired to get the Costa Rica Don Mayo Natural ASD: https://www.roastmasters.com/costa-donmayo-asd.html
Will report back once it comes in.

Advertisement
Boldjava

#2273: Post by Boldjava »

mpdeem wrote:I just finished my first roast of the Panama Elida Catuai Natural ASD - it is fantastic. . .
These are great notes and reflect how you pay attention to the cup.
-----
LMWDP #339

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#2274: Post by mgrayson »

Caught up by the excitement, I ordered 5 lbs each of the Panama Elida Catuai Natural in both regular and ASD. My first tastes suggest that the natural natural will be one of my favorite coffees ever (fruit and spice), but the ASD has that dark beer overtone that I've found troubling in other Anaerobic coffees. (NOTHING as bad as the Klatch). These were both espressos with the ground coffee let to sit for 30 minutes or so to let the CO2 out, so may be wildly unrepresentative. I'll try the ASD as drip (well, vacuum siphon - I can't resist a good coffee gadget) and give them both more resting time. Roasts were about 75% of the way from 1st to 2nd crack, with a slower application of heat for the naturalness. (9:30 on an Ikawa Pro100, ending 221C)

Why am I rambling with such little useful information? If I can't find a way to love the ASD, I have 4 1/2 lbs that should go to someone who does. Any preparation suggestions are gratefully accepted!

Matt

ShotClock
Supporter ♡

#2275: Post by ShotClock »

I've had the Elida natural Cataui from a pro roaster before and it was spectacular. I'm fully stocked on greens, but would be getting some of this in otherwise. Sweet and jammy, made for fantastic pour over.

TomC
Team HB

#2276: Post by TomC »

Dan Wood at SM gave me the heads up about the new Peruvian Gesha they just released. Im excited to try a gesha from there for the first time.

https://www.sweetmarias.com/peru-finca- ... -7485.html
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

mkane
Supporter ♡

#2277: Post by mkane »

excellent thanks

Advertisement
LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#2278: Post by LBIespresso »

Uhg, 1 pound limit. So I either blow it and hate myself or I nail it and cry that I only have 1 pound....sorry, haven't had my coffee yet today.
LMWDP #580

GC7

#2279: Post by GC7 replying to LBIespresso »

If you want coffee from Peru, there is a newly listed Crown Jewel (1521) that got a lovely write up. I ordered a whole box.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#2280: Post by LBIespresso replying to GC7 »

Does look good but I am full up on green. Not allowing myself to buy any more until late summer/early fall. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
LMWDP #580