Greens Alert - Page 221

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mpdeem
Team HB

#2201: Post by mpdeem »

Rwanda Honey Process Karambi - Sweet Maria's, just got added to their retail site. I picked some up, will report back when it arrives.

mpdeem
Team HB

#2202: Post by mpdeem »

Rwanda Dry Process Macube - Sagebrush Unroasted. New vendor to me but what a delightful discovery. This coffee is already a canidate for my 'desert island' coffee list. Rich broad range of chocolate flavors combined with red plum and apple. There is a wonderful spiced earthy dark chocolate backbone that brings to mind a washed Sumatra or Flores. A distinct yet nuanced acidity that gives a nice contrast to all these rich flavors, making for a very structured cup and taste profile. I just ordered some more plus some other coffees from Sagebrush. Highly recommended.
★ Helpful

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#2203: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Showroom has some Rwandan's that might be of interest including a natural. I am really enjoying the Cocatu now as a SO espresso.

Cupping Notes Upon Arrival
85 - Milk chocolate, caramel, creamy honey, lemon, orange

And of course Showroom supports Artisan and Artisan Plus so that's well a Plus.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

mpdeem
Team HB

#2204: Post by mpdeem »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Showroom has some Rwandan's that might be of interest including a natural. I am really enjoying the Cocatu now as a SO espresso.
Cupping Notes Upon Arrival
85 - Milk chocolate, caramel, creamy honey, lemon, orange
Thanks for the suggestion. Have not yet tried any coffees from Showroom.

Sweet Maria's just got a Rwanda Dry Process Macuba and a Rwanda Rubavu Rwinyoni Washed in.

Squeezin' Beans

#2205: Post by Squeezin' Beans »

I have some of the SM Rwanda Dry Process Macuba coming in. Will update if I can make it sing, but it'll be my first roast and in a popcorn popper, so keep the salt handy.

mpdeem
Team HB

#2206: Post by mpdeem replying to Squeezin' Beans »

Looks forward to hearing how you do with the Rawnda Dry ProcessMacuba. I ordered some from Sweet Maria's..so will be interesting to compare to the Macuba from Sagebrush. They might be the same coffee, but since I love Sagebrush's version, I figured I had nothing to loose by trying SM's version.

I have been roasting on a modeified West Bend Poppery I for over 11 years. If you are able to, I would recommend seperating the heat and fan switches so that you can stop the heat but keep the fan going, for heat control. Also make sure the thermostat is raised or disabled - most thermostats on poppers are set to about 375-400F. Nothing worse than getting close to hitting 1st C only to have the thermostat kick in and kill the heat.

jackson6

#2207: Post by jackson6 »

Burman Coffee has 4 new Panama geishas. I ordered 3 hopefully I don't mess up the roasts.

mpdeem
Team HB

#2208: Post by mpdeem »

I just roasted and cupped the Sweet Maria's Rwanda Dry Process Macuba. It is very different from the Sagebrush version - that is all I will say for now....need to do some more roasting and tasting first.

Sweet Maria's is out of this coffee...but for those interested in trying it alongside the version from Sagebrush - I would be happy to share some from my limited stock. I have 1 lb of the SM version that I could share if anyone wants to try it. Sagebrush still has the DP Macuba in stock as of now.

Really interesting to see such a difference in two otherwise identiclely labaled coffees...obviously crop dates and other variations probably play a large factor. Still a reminder of the endless variations among coffees even those that at first glacne appear to be the same. Would love to hear from anyone else who has these two versions..or yet another vendor's version of this coffee. We could always start a separate thread if enough people have different versions of this coffee.

mpdeem
Team HB

#2209: Post by mpdeem »

Sweet Maria's just got in three Rwanda coffees:
-Rwanda Dry Process Nyamiyaga
-Rwanda Honey Process Kanyege
-Rwanda Nyamasheke Macuba

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#2210: Post by Pressino »

Sweet Maria's just got some Guatemala Acatenago Gesha in stock, Ordered a couple of pounds and will give it a try.