Greens Alert - Page 206

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2051: Post by JohnB. »

djdriver wrote:My single biggest coffee-related regret of 2020 was only buying 5 pounds of the polar espresso - it was the best blend I've ever had from sweet Maria's.
It does sound good so I picked up 10 lbs of the Polar blend as well as some of their Altiplano blend.
LMWDP 267

djdriver
Supporter ♡

#2052: Post by djdriver »

PSA: Theta Ridge is offering free shipping this week on orders over $50. They're my go-to source for Daterra Estate (Brazil) and Sweet Blue is on regular rotation in our house as the main component of crowd-pleasing "comfort" espresso blends that my wife prefers. Lots of milk chocolate & almond, wonderful in milk drinks. I'm stocking back up -- and also trying their Bourbon Collection and Full Bloom this time.

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#2053: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

This SM Ethiopian Kennisa could be a great blender with something like the Theta Ridge Daterra Sweet Blue. We have been blending last years Sweet Blue with the Zero Defect CR Ethiopian and its been fabulous.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Iowa_Boy

#2054: Post by Iowa_Boy »

Think I need to place an order for the Daterra Sweet Blue. Agree that it's great as a base.
Any other Theta Ridge greens that are recommended?
I have tried the Costa Rica Tarrazu and it's solid, but want to try La Minita variant so planning to order that from someplace else.
Not really a fan of the Bob O Link, roasting of that has been inconsistent for me.
Was considering the Panama Santa Clara Boquete or Ethiopian Harrar.
Any thoughts or other recommendations? Theta ridge doesn't give much in way of description - anyone know if these are all grade 1 greens?

olutheros

#2055: Post by olutheros »

https://www.sweetmarias.com/winter-spec ... -6965.html

This is honey process from Genji looks interesting and dirt cheap, though doesn't seem like they like it as much as some of the washed lots from the same area they've sold

GC7
Supporter ♡

#2056: Post by GC7 »

I picked up some new crop Colombia Palestina Aguazul Solar Pink Bourbon from Captains Coffee. This is probably my favorite coffee of the past two years and my favorite varietal. I still have the past two crops in the deep freeze but can't resist a little of this one too.

David assured me this was new crop. If you look at Royal they show 80 bags of new beans (6 and 74 bags) plus a couple of different Pink Bourbons in very small quantities. Steve said it was sold out already at Royal. Is some saved for a Crown Jewel again?

drgary
Team HB

#2057: Post by drgary »

Thanks, Geoffrey. I just picked up 5 lbs.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Versalab: maker and supplier of finest espresso equipment
Sponsored by Versalab
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2058: Post by JohnB. »

GC7 wrote:I picked up some new crop Colombia Palestina Aguazul Solar Pink Bourbon from Captains Coffee. This is probably my favorite coffee of the past two years and my favorite varietal. I still have the past two crops in the deep freeze but can't resist a little of this one too.
I've still got 6 lbs of the 10 lbs I bought 12/2020. I'll pass on this one as freezer space is tight as I recently stocked up on grains for bread making.
LMWDP 267

vberch

#2059: Post by vberch »

Hi Gary, I don't see it listed on Captain's site. Did your call them?
drgary wrote:Thanks, Geoffrey. I just picked up 5 lbs.

heavyduty

#2060: Post by heavyduty »

https://thecaptainscoffee.com/collectio ... nk-bourbon

Just ordered some :D Also picked up some Sidama Bombe.
15% off all green with code "BFCM2021" thru monday.
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul