Greens Alert - Page 205

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#2041: Post by LBIespresso »

olutheros wrote:grabbing a big bag of this, seems like their best kenyan so far this year (at least judging solely by the score and description): https://www.sweetmarias.com/kenya-nyeri ... -6922.html
I loaded up on Kenya this year and have not been disappointed. If I didn't have so much already I'd grab some of this. I'm sure it will be great!
LMWDP #580

littlenut

#2042: Post by littlenut »

olutheros wrote:grabbing a big bag of this, seems like their best kenyan so far this year (at least judging solely by the score and description): https://www.sweetmarias.com/kenya-nyeri ... -6922.html
GRRR.....

Saw the e-mail this AM and went to SM and it was sold out....Can't complain though, I've been pretty lucky with other coffee's being in-stock. -LN

GC7

#2043: Post by GC7 »

littlenut wrote:GRRR.....
Saw the e-mail this AM and went to SM and it was sold out....
Wow. That was as quick as I've ever seen. Thom haas a way with his written descriptions. He could be a marketing guru in another job.I managed to pick up #5. The Ichuga Factory is right on his spectacular notes and Kenya is what I have the least. Also picked up a touch of the Costa Rican for the Bullet roast along and some Guatemala Finca Rosma that has been comfort coffee in the past.

olutheros

#2044: Post by olutheros »

GC7 wrote:Wow. That was as quick as I've ever seen. Thom haas a way with his written descriptions. He could be a marketing guru in another job.I managed to pick up #5. The Iguchi Factory is right on his spectacular notes and Kenya is what I have the least. Also picked up a touch of the Costa Rican for the Bullet roast along and some Guatemala Finca Rosma that has been comfort coffee in the past.
wow yeah that's the first time i've seen anything not last 12 hours, but it's also the most glowing review i've seen and i think they've rightfully built up a lot of trust in how accurate their descriptions tend to be

wingnutsglory
Supporter ❤

#2045: Post by wingnutsglory »

Agreed, though I got lucky as well. I thought I'd get a small amount, try it, and then order more if it matched the description. Oh well...glad I was able to get some at all.

TomC
Team HB

#2046: Post by TomC »

The sweet pineapple notes were incredibly enticing. I waited an hour too long and missed out.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

olutheros

#2047: Post by olutheros »

anyone try the sweetmaria's polar blend in previous years? https://www.sweetmarias.com/sweet-maria ... -6678.html

don't normally buy many blends but they say this is exclusively current crop washed and natural ethiopians and it does sound nice

GC7

#2048: Post by GC7 replying to olutheros »

I read this with interest last night UNTIL I saw it was all Ethiopians. I've got plenty of top shelf Ethiopian beans around with at least 1 more incoming lot that was best of all in previous years. Thom is a marketing guru. I have never seen him recommend an Ethiopian SO origin be optimally roasted to City++ to Full City+ (second crack) yet he does for this Ethiopian blend. I'd just make a darker roast blend of 2 or 3 WP and DP beans you have around and see if that adds anything to drinking as SO.

djdriver

#2049: Post by djdriver »

My single biggest coffee-related regret of 2020 was only buying 5 pounds of the polar espresso - it was the best blend I've ever had from sweet Maria's. I've bought it for a few years now, I think it's always a pure African blend but last year they just knocked it out of the park. No argument here re: Tom's marketing prowess, but for my tastebuds it was the real deal. If this year comes close I'll be happy!

olutheros

#2050: Post by olutheros »

GC7 wrote: I'd just make a darker roast blend of 2 or 3 WP and DP beans you have around and see if that adds anything to drinking as SO.
lol yeah I am unironically doing this, i'm very interested in all-eth washed/natural blends and did small batches of a few to full medium literally last night.