Greens Alert - Page 203

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
TomC
Team HB

#2021: Post by TomC »

Boldjava wrote:Boy, I didn't think you were that old (wide grin). Dad was a truck mechanic and I used to love to visit the garage as a kid for the calendars. One word from my Dad, "You didn't see these when you talk to your mom..."

Tom, good placement for the thread. The visits and posts over the years are confirmation.

Thanks. Still some clean up to do. Pinned threads organize themselves by their start date. The Greens Alert thread is a few years older than the refresh in 2014 that has the FAQ's and Favorites pinned thread. That should be at the top, like it is in every other sub-forum, just for cleanness of layout. And we do try to be restrained on pinned threads because they take up front page real estate. So no promises that it stays pinned, I'm acting a little rogue :mrgreen:
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

tyfabes

#2022: Post by tyfabes »

olutheros wrote:this natural bookkisa at sweetmaria's is their highest-rated natural so far this year, might be of interest to some folks here: https://www.sweetmarias.com/ethiopia-or ... -6972.html
I ordered 10lbs of this. Was hoping the Hamasho Village from last year would make an appearance again, but based on their greens forecast, I don't think that's the case. Hoping this will one will be comparable! 93 pts on both coffees, so I don't think you'll go wrong on this one.

Jisgren

#2023: Post by Jisgren »

Tom,

Not sure if you are the right person, but I have been away from HB for several years, but now just bought a Bullet (delivers next week!) and have been spending time back in the forum. I am actually very frustrated coming back since it is very hard to find threads on roasting and beans in amongst the threads on roasters. It seems over the past 10 years the number of different roaster has exploded. Has there been any discussions of splitting into two forums, one on machines and one on the actual roasting?

I am glad to see that this is still a vibrant community with a lot of activity and appreciate that you are still helping us all out!

John I

EvanOz85

#2024: Post by EvanOz85 »

tyfabes wrote:I ordered 10lbs of this. Was hoping the Hamasho Village from last year would make an appearance again, but based on their greens forecast, I don't think that's the case. Hoping this will one will be comparable! 93 pts on both coffees, so I don't think you'll go wrong on this one.
10lbs for me as well. Tasting notes sound great, though I find it odd that Tom mentioned unevenness at light roasts which is usually par for the course with Ethiopian Naturals. Hoping that doesn't mean it's excessive here. We shall see.
Jisgren wrote:Tom.
Not sure if you are the right person, but I have been away from HB for several years, but now just bought a Bullet (delivers next week!) and have been spending time back in the forum. I am actually very frustrated coming back since it is very hard to find threads on roasting and beans in amongst the threads on roasters. It seems over the past 10 years the number of different roaster has exploded. Has there been any discussions of splitting into two forums, one on machines and one on the actual roasting?

I am glad to see that this is still a vibrant community with a lot of activity and appreciate that you are still helping us all out!

John I
You're in the same boat as I was in April. Bought a Bullet after a few years away from the roasting game and returned here from a long hiatus. Keep your serious science/experience/coffee related questions about the Bullet here, and keep your general Bullet specific related questions to the Bullet Facebook community. Unfortunately the Bullet FB community is overrun with wealthy people who started roasting with a Bullet and know nothing about good coffee and how to develop a roast. BUT they are great for maintenance questions.

TomC
Team HB

#2025: Post by TomC »

Jisgren wrote:Tom,

Not sure if you are the right person, but I have been away from HB for several years, but now just bought a Bullet (delivers next week!) and have been spending time back in the forum....

Welcome back John!

Politely, I can't say I agree with you. This whole sub-forum is filled with content about roasting and it's pretty easy to navigate thru with a bit of effort, but I can see how some overlapping search terms will have you in a thread you mind not find useful. On the other hand, I totally agree, there's been a surge of new roasters come to the market and the tech conversations, modifications, maintenance of them might be "noise" to disinterested folks, but we can't keep splitting out new sub-forums. The text size wouldn't allow for more sub-forums and still be readable, especially on mobile.

There was an early surge on discussing roast profiles and approaches on the Bullet. My buddy Yakster has one and has shared a lot of insights into it! I was extremely tempted to get one myself!

Definitely share any input good or bad and help us build what you're looking for. I want to keep this thread for interesting green coffee arriving to the market, so please start a separate thread if it sounds worthwhile to you.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

wingnutsglory
Supporter ❤

#2026: Post by wingnutsglory »

I'm very happed to see this pinned now!!!

And this is looking like a pretty interesting green:
https://royalcoffee.com/product/cjo1444/

hudsterboy
Supporter ❤

#2027: Post by hudsterboy »

Jisgren wrote:
I've also been away for a while. I was here a lot more around 10 years ago, and I've been roasting with the same hottop a couple of times a week, and figured it was finally time for an upgrade, and so guess what just got delivered today. :lol: So yeah, you're not the only one! Now I have to get my Andreja working again.

wingnutsglory
Supporter ❤

#2028: Post by wingnutsglory »

Anyone try this one?

Ethiopia Guji Tero Outgrowers Natural
https://happymugcoffee.com/products/eth ... rs-natural

olutheros

#2029: Post by olutheros replying to wingnutsglory »

I grabbed a pound but haven't roasted it yet. Appears to be the same coffee as https://showroomcoffee.com/product/guji ... a-organic/

vecchi della seattle
Supporter ❤

#2030: Post by vecchi della seattle »

Thanks for the heads up on Happy Mug Coffee. Do you like any other green bean suppliers for the small home roaster? SM of course and I've used Burman Coffee Traders a couple of times.