Greens Alert - Page 195

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Rickpatbrown

#1941: Post by Rickpatbrown »

LBIespresso wrote:Anyone else end up getting some of this? I did and plan on roasting some today or tomorrow.
Mine just showed up last night. I probably wont get around to roasting until next, week ... but if you start a thread, we can have at it!!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#1942: Post by JohnB. »

My 5 lbs arrived yesterday & I broke it down into 1lb vac sealed bags today. Will roast some once I drink my way through the 4-5 home roasts currently in the freezer.
LMWDP 267

Advertisement
GC7

#1943: Post by GC7 »

LBIespresso wrote:Anyone else end up getting some of this? I did and plan on roasting some today or tomorrow.
I roasted some up a couple of days ago.

Alert! - I think these beans need less heat than a typical larger bean AA Kenyan. My roast went a bit more quickly than expected and had too much heat mid roast and approaching first crack. I let it develop to 410 degrees on the bullet. That to me is approaching City+.

At one day it was cupped as a clever dripper (16:1). It was good but there is a lot more there with a better roast. The tart ripe fruits are there but no ripe winey notes yet.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#1944: Post by LBIespresso »

Rickpatbrown wrote:Mine just showed up last night. I probably wont get around to roasting until next, week ... but if you start a thread, we can have at it!!
I will do that. Hoping to get my roast in before the tropical weather hits us. I have a few hours so let's see.
LMWDP #580

EvanOz85

#1945: Post by EvanOz85 »

STG wrote:I got a few lb green and a bag of roasted Rwanda Natural from Katch. Wasn't impressed with Klatch's roast as a v60 brew. Maybe I can do something better with it but I doubt it. I'm sure Klatch knows what they're doing. Hopefully not another bust. Can you PM me your profile or start a thread please? I'd really appreciate it.
This coffee benefits from a lot of rest. I roasted up a # to 206C in the Bullet and it was pretty terrible until all of a sudden opening up at a week post-roast. I've never experienced a coffee changing so drastically from rest. Easily one of the top DP coffee's I've had this year.

wingnutsglory
Supporter ❤

#1946: Post by wingnutsglory »

EvanOz85 wrote:This coffee benefits from a lot of rest. I roasted up a # to 206C in the Bullet and it was pretty terrible until all of a sudden opening up at a week post-roast. I've never experienced a coffee changing to drastically from rest. Easily one of the top DP coffee's I've had this year.
I've felt the same about the Panama Elida from Klatch. And a Guji DP I currently have from Verve. There was very little fruit/floral in the latter until opening up 1.5wk post-roast.

olutheros

#1947: Post by olutheros »

SM finally got their container of ethiopian coffees in btw

all washed at the moment, the worka wuri sounds super good

Advertisement
wingnutsglory
Supporter ❤

#1948: Post by wingnutsglory replying to olutheros »

Totally! I'm holding out for some naturals and assume this will be gone by the time they get listed, but if anyone in Seattle ends up getting some and doesn't mind me gloming on to their order (and sharing in shipping), let me know via PM.

EvanOz85

#1949: Post by EvanOz85 »

olutheros wrote:the worka wuri sounds super good
Ordered 5# earlier today. Sounds impressive...93 pts.

olutheros

#1950: Post by olutheros replying to EvanOz85 »

Same, if it's half as good as they say, it should be nice to have around for a while

I know SM's ratings aren't really 1:1 with SCA grading by any means, but I do think he's very honest with how good he thinks coffees are relative to their own offerings.