Greens Alert - Page 186

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Boldjava

#1851: Post by Boldjava »

I grabbed a box as well. Whoever first roasts, please start a separate thread.

db
-----
LMWDP #339

littlenut

#1852: Post by littlenut »

littlenut wrote:CROWN JEWEL COLOMBIA PALESTINA "AGUAZUL" SOLAR DRIED PINK BOURBON

It's a new lot. I bought a box last fall and it has been gone for a bit. Easy to roast and I enjoyed it very much. The reviews/comments for this lot are quite "interesting". I'll probably buy a box. Thought others may be interested as well. HTH, -Tom
WOW....Outta Stock...That was quick

nsuster

#1853: Post by nsuster replying to littlenut »

Wow, there were 46 boxes showing last night. Anybody have 2 lbs. or so to spare? See the exchange thread :D

Boldjava

#1854: Post by Boldjava »

nsuster wrote:Wow, there were 46 boxes showing last night. Anybody have 2 lbs. or so to spare? See the exchange thread :D
"46 boxes" was their projected allotment to sell under Crown Jewel. I am sure they got an order in from a retail roaster for the entire lot of the coffee (it also is sold in 70K bags, split to 10K only when need is there). The 70K bags show "0" as well.
-----
LMWDP #339

Chert

#1855: Post by Chert »

I bet you surmise correctly. If last year's crop is a judge, that purchase was a wise one.
LMWDP #198

nsuster

#1856: Post by nsuster »

Boldjava wrote:"46 boxes" was their projected allotment to sell under Crown Jewel. I am sure they got an order in from a retail roaster for the entire lot of the coffee (it also is sold in 70K bags, split to 10K only when need is there). The 70K bags show "0" as well.
Thanks for the info. I thought I saw the boxes available reduce from 51 to 48 to 46 and then gone. I'm sure you're correct that a retail roaster bought it all.

RobertL

#1857: Post by RobertL »

Mill City has Yemen Haraaz Red is stock at $18lb. They also have a Colombian Gesha that looks tempting at $8lb. They're offering the Yemen in 1lb increments so you don't have to go all in for 5lbs or 10lbs.

https://millcityroasters.com/product-ca ... en-coffee/
★ Helpful

jevenator

#1858: Post by jevenator »

Klatch has a 20% Discount for today only 3/8/21 - "WOMEN21"

This El Salvador Las Mercedes Maracaturra Natural looks interesting. They describe it as "dried blueberry - cherrios - cocoa"

I'll be picking up a 10lb bag.

wingnutsglory
Supporter ❤

#1859: Post by wingnutsglory replying to jevenator »

Oh, that does look nice! Please do report back after you've roasted. :)

bicktrav

#1860: Post by bicktrav replying to wingnutsglory »

I have this one and really enjoy it. That said, I do not catch any, not even a little, blueberry. Instead, I get cola, cocoa, and a touch of toasted marshmallow. I can kind of see the Cheerios note, but not the others Klatch lists.