Greens Alert - Page 180

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
genecounts

#1791: Post by genecounts »

I know we have moved on from Royal Coffees offer of the sampler pack but this one hits home. Had made out an order last weekend until the pricing became apparent and quickly scrubbed. Royal is a company that I enjoy above all others. Am sure their website has made an innocent mistake. xPosted the following inquiry few minutes ago: "Your pricing is confusing on this one. $50.00 per pound plus $7.95 to ship would total $157.00 for three pounds, is this correct? Should that say $15.00 to $20.00 per pound? Really interested as descriptions make me drool!" x Thanks, Gene Counts

mtbizzle

#1792: Post by mtbizzle »

genecounts wrote: "Your pricing is confusing on this one.
I actually sent them a message just a few days ago about the pricing on their sampler pack, it is confusing. The response was vague and not helpful, let me know if you get clarification
"All people by nature desire to know" -Aristotle

drgary
Team HB

#1793: Post by drgary »

The Royal website glitch is getting us off topic. A couple of us have already posted that the actual price is $57 shipped for a sampler of 3 different coffees, 1 lb. each, 3 lbs. total. You will see that the moment you add the item to your shopping cart.

Can we please get back to discussing greens that interest you?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1794: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Wow Klatch is at it again. For the 12th day of deals (12/15/20), you can use any of their prior coupons for this year. We would obviously be most interested in the greens or the e-cards.
If you are thinking about buying Klatch greens at all during the year, why not pay now at 20% off - get yourself some e-cards.

I am going to have to consider more even today.

ESPRESSO20
20% off espresso

20SINGLE
20% off single origin

20MERCH
20% off merchandise and single serve

20HOLIDAY
20% off holiday coffee, geisha, single serve

MUGFREE
Free tumbler or mug when you spend $50 on coffee

BLEND20
20% off holiday and espresso

25BULK
25% off 2 and 5lb bags Buy one get one 25% off select top coffee

20COFF
20% off all gift packs

GREENXMAS
20% off green-unroasted and organic coffee

20GIFTED
20% off eGift cards (klatchroasting.com only), and gift subscriptions

TOP20
20% off best selling coffee and espresso
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart
★ Helpful

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1795: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Ha Klatch extended it another day. If you KNOW you will buy from them in the next 12 months get those e-cards at 20% off.

If you live outside CA note they probably aren't charging sales tax as their orders are under the thresholds and along with free shipping over $50, that adds up.
Artisan.Plus User-

coffeemmichael

#1796: Post by coffeemmichael »

Did anyone order the elida green tip ASD from roastmasters?

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1797: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Disregard. Bodhi sale isn't for greens and also I forgot they won't ship sales for free.
Artisan.Plus User-

keno

#1798: Post by keno »

Just picked up some Kenya Othaya Peaberry which is available from both Sweet Maria's and Coffe Shrub. SM tasting notes are:
SM wrote:Brews up a nice, fruited cup, spiced elements sensed in aroma and flavor, with dark, unrefined sugar sweetness, citrus peel, raisin, dark grape, dried tamarind and pomegranate. City to Full City. Good for espresso.
Roasted and tasted a couple of samples today, one light and one darker. The light roast was sweet and juicy with notes of lemon. The darker roast maintained the sweetness and added chocolate and dried fruit notes. Did not taste roasty at all. Really liked this one. Then roasted a batch a tad lighter than the darker roast (profile below). SM rates this 91 points. Seems like a very versatile coffee, especially if it works well for espresso.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1799: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Ethiopian Wish Wush from Klatch

12.33 a pound in 10 lb bag or

13.78 for two pounds or

14.50 for one pound.

Free shipping over $50.
Artisan.Plus User-

GC7

#1800: Post by GC7 replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

This looks really good. If I didn't have enough Ethiopian coffees to last well into the summer and next harvest I would use my discounted Gift cards from Klatch on this one.

The reason I'm posting however, is to note that this Guji coffee comes from Ana Sora washing station and farms that make the Guji Anasora wet process washed variety that is the nicest washed Ethiopian I have had in a long time. I'm opening up a newly roasted bag tomorrow. If they treat the natural as well this Klatch offering should be good.