Green Coffee Sources List - 2023 - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
marcism

#11: Post by marcism »

The first link for Germany is, as we say over here, "kaputt".

The correct link should be: https://www.rohkaffeebohnen.de/

If people search for the string "rohkaffeebohnen" (raw coffee beans) then they get a lot of competitors now, but the link I shared is the business run by the wonderful Claus Fricke, a bit of a green coffee legend around these parts.

Edit: oh and thanks for the amazing resource!

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#12: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

Thread updated for Catalyst and Rohkaffe.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

rblankin
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by rblankin »

Espresso Vivace sells their well-known Dolce blend green or roasted, so this is another where you can try roasting and compare your results to theirs.
https://espressovivace.com/product/gree ... e-1lb-bag/

Zaneemomo
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by Zaneemomo »

Is Mr. Green Beans still in business? Essentially nothing available on their website.

Trjelenc

#15: Post by Trjelenc »

I roast for myself, my parents and also sell to other friends every once and a while. I normally buy 10-20lbs of two beans at a time from Sweet Maria's, but now I'm debating on just buying a 65lb box from Genuine Origin at $3.50-4.50/lb and have something I can just dial in a profile and churn out as needed.

I'd be eyeing something that just makes a great crowd pleasing cup of coffee and can handle a variety of roast levels.

Should I bother with getting samples, or just jump into one that sounds good? I'm not looking for a very specific flavor profile for a product lineup or anything, I just want something well rounded but don't want to get burned buying 65lbs of something disappointing.

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#16: Post by Milligan »

I purchased two 50lb Royal Gems from Royal Coffee without samples and they've been great. They tend to pick coffees that represent the region well and I'd agree. I can't speak to Genuine Origin, but it is nice having bulk coffee on-hand for folks.

hankua
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by hankua »

Maybe you should try some samples? Genuine Origin's parent company Volcafe has onsite operations in Central and South America. Crowd pleaser on GO offerings; Brazil, Honduras, and Peru ( low acidic) the Brazil's not usually a lighter Roast candidate, the other two maybe medium light? I've had the Salmo Plus and Reserva Pacavita in the past, both regular offerings for the company. They were both clean, well sorted, and a solid specialty offering.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by yakster »

Hacea Coffee Source will now be offering each coffee packaged in increments of 500 grams, 2 kilograms and 20 kilograms to make it easier to split up roasts. I just gave in and switched from 600 gram batches to 1 # batches on my Aillio Bullet to avoid having fractions of a batch left over, but it would be easier to order 2 kg and start roasting 500 grams.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#19: Post by Milligan »

I got that email from Hacea too. Not sure if my Cormorant would do 500g the way I've settled on with 1lb.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#20: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

yakster wrote:Hacea Coffee Source will now be offering each coffee packaged in increments of 500 grams, 2 kilograms and 20 kilograms to make it easier to split up roasts. I just gave in and switched from 600 gram batches to 1 # batches on my Aillio Bullet to avoid having fractions of a batch left over, but it would be easier to order 2 kg and start roasting 500 grams.
I personally think they should have gone with 540grams to net approximately a lb. There will always be bag ends I guess. Makes for fun blends.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart