Green Coffee Exchange - Page 9

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#81: Post by LBIespresso »

I'd be up for 4 or 5 pounds
LMWDP #580

EvanOz85

#82: Post by EvanOz85 »

Boldjava wrote:Have a pound of this Panamanian Gesha ordered. I will put together some of the Gopher Guplers and if it cups well, I will put up a potential offering, depending upon being able to get the 50 lb commitment for the box.

I have had Lerida coffee before and it has been excellent. I wasn't on their farm, but did tour the Ruiz coffee mill where it is processed. Hold on reservations until it cups as billed. I would announce at that time. Just wanted to give you a heads up for a Christmas treat.

https://royalcoffee.com/product/50807/
I'd be down for 5lbs.

Boldjava
Supporter ♡

#83: Post by Boldjava »

Boldjava wrote:Have a pound of this Panamanian Gesha ordered. I will put together some of the Gopher Guplers and if it cups well, I will put up a potential offering, depending upon being able to get the 50 lb commitment for the box.

I have had Lerida coffee before and it has been excellent. I wasn't on their farm, but did tour the Ruiz coffee mill where it is processed. Hold on reservations until it cups as billed. No responses needed now, we would just clog the thread. I would announce at that time. Just wanted to give you a heads up for a Christmas treat.

Grabbed a second Gesha sample from Royal. I will wait and roast/cup them side by side with the Gopher Gulpers and see if there is something in there for us. Need that Christmas coffee.

CROWN JEWEL Guat, Monjas Inmer Valladarez, Greehouse Dried Gesha. https://royalcoffee.com/product/cj1441/

Comments or questions, please post to my Inbox rather than the Board. Thanks. db
-----
LMWDP #339

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#84: Post by TomC (original poster) »

As a moderator, I guess that I am much more lenient and willing to accept more posts of interest in this thread, than others; by the simple fact that it is now pinned anyway. I still encourage anyone interested in any coffee to PM the person offering it right away and save them the footwork of digging thru the dialogue, but I don't mind the dialogue being here too, since it's pinned anyway, it's not going anywhere. Make sense?

Like I mentioned in the original post, my goal, (and any participating moderator for Team HB) is simply to not have to intervene and moderate each individual's requests, questions, offers etc. Since the whole exchange now happens between the offering person and those who want to buy their coffee, we shouldn't have to moderate any part of it, so there's no reason to restrict dialogue about the coffee here because it's pinned to the top anyway. We're still not going to get involved.

Off-topic meanderings will still be removed. But the way I see it, the quality dialogue from engaged users of this site should be encouraged and supported. For 98% or more of you, you make it easy and you make HB an excellent place to participate in online coffee dialogue. It's only the last 2% that make it more of a challenge to maintain harmony and consistency :)
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Chert

#85: Post by Chert »

Masterpieces of Daterra Auction

There's the link. Auction end of month. The 15 varieties on offer this year are listed. I have a sample set coming. After my samples Huky protocol wrinkles work out and the evaluation of samples, I may be interested in bidding. D20 Guarani from last year was a treat. If I win a lot, I will want to distribute among home roasters.

If you would be interested, check the listing and lots descriptions & PM me, (preferably with 2-3 varietals that interest you on the descriptors) and tell me your maximum quantity you would want at what maximum price. (for reference, last year we paid about $16 / lb but that wasn't auction style - the website lists opening bids at $16/kg about $7 / lb, but winning bids are undoubtedly going to be higher than that.

Also you can consider a bit and hold off for the report I plan to generate about which lots from my samples appeal to me, which will hopefully occur by Nov 24.

EDIT: i have lot 15 pulped natural paraíso coming - closer to arrival I will post a new entry in Greens Exchange.
current musing: HUKY roasting over electric heat

littlenut

#86: Post by littlenut »

I have had Lerida coffee before and it has been excellent. I wasn't on their farm, but did tour the Ruiz coffee mill where it is processed. Hold on reservations until it cups as billed. No responses needed now, we would just clog the thread. I would announce at that time. Just wanted to give you a heads up for a Christmas treat.

Hi Dave, I just came across this new Crown Jewel from Royal. I believe it is the one you referenced above. Just a heads-up. I'm still interested in your cupping thoughts -LN

MODS: I WASN'T SURE IF THIS IS AN APPROPRIATE POST IN THE EXCHANGE/SHARING THREAD. PLEASE LEMME KNOW IF IT NEEDS TO BE DELETED MOVED. TIA, -LN

Boldjava
Supporter ♡

#87: Post by Boldjava » replying to littlenut »

No, tomorrow we will be cupping this Panamanian Gesha. It is a bit more "reasonably" priced -- <grins>. We will also be cupping a Guat Gesha. Notes should be up by Sat eve and we'll see if we should buy either or both of them.

-----
LMWDP #339

littlenut

#88: Post by littlenut » replying to Boldjava »

It is 3$ more a pound, both are from Panama, both from the same Finca. The "BACKGROUND DETAILS" are verbatim for each. In any case still very much interested in your cuppings. TIA, -Tom

Boldjava
Supporter ♡

#89: Post by Boldjava »

littlenut wrote:It is 3$ more a pound, both are from Panama, both from the same Finca....
Not to worry. Royal can let me know which I hold and if the other is a different section of the finca or whatever. Might be the same as you suggest. I will have them clear it up.
-----
LMWDP #339

Boldjava
Supporter ♡

#90: Post by Boldjava »

No further reservations; booked 100 lbs

Edit Sunday eve:
Will be in touch with everyone once I get final price from Royal.
Please watch your DMs and prompt payments will be appreciated.
It will be a big bill at this end! Thanks in advance, db

------

Will be distributing the Panama Gesha. I believe it is that much of a better cup than the Guat Gesha. Don't get me wrong, the Guat is a fine cup but the Panamanian from the Lerida Estate is just outstanding. It will be my Christmas coffee. Notes for the two coffees are over here:
Guat: Guat Gesha, Jalapa
Panama: Panama Gesha

The posted scores are mine. The group had them at similar scores, 90.25. I feel the Panamanian is that much of a stellar, superior Gesha.

Need to move 40 pounds (52 lb box) on HB of to get it at the lower price. With shipping, it will come to between $20 and $21/lb plus shipping to you. If we can't get the needed 40 pounds, I will purchase a 22lb Crown Jewel (assuming they are the same lot) at $23/lb plus shipping to you.

Edit: No further reservations. 100 lbs booked
4/10/15 lb sizes

Reservations via DM to my contact over there ===>. I will buy when we hit the appropriate amount. Previous tentative reservations are in this order (kindly confirm via DM).

1. WingNutsGlory
2. RickPatBrown
3. LBIEspresso
4. EvanOz85
5. Little Nut
6. MKane

Finca Lerida: https://fincalerida.com (We drank their coffees when we visited Boquete/Ruiz family farm years ago). The bird pictured is the rare quetzal (national bird of Guatemala).

-----
LMWDP #339