Green Coffee Exchange - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
bicktrav

#21: Post by bicktrav »

TomC wrote: No, it's rather exemplary. Great acidity and finesse. I'm going to end up with a kilo of it one way or another. Not one to be missed....
You've sold me! Grabbing some!

Boldjava

#22: Post by Boldjava »

TomC wrote:Ninety Plus Gesha Estates has their amazing Kambera Gesha available both roasted and green. It is definitely the finest Gesha I've had all of 2020. It's not cheap...
I have 13 samples on the way from Ninety Plus, all Geshas. I will figure out some cupping logistics among our cupping group, the Gopher Gulpers. The guys are all home roasters from around the state.

Once we work thru them, I am going to select one or two and offer them to the Gulpers and thru here, the Green Coffee Exchange thread. No pre-reservations at this time. Bear with me for the next month. I will offer them here when ready. Keep an eye out.

Feel free to reach out to me with questions thru my message contact right over there -->.

Dave
-----
LMWDP #339
★ Helpful

Rickpatbrown

#23: Post by Rickpatbrown »

Anyone interested in splitting Brazil Natural from Royal?
https://royalcoffee.com/crown-jewels/

PM me!

Boldjava

#24: Post by Boldjava »

Boldjava wrote:I have 13 samples on the way from Ninety Plus, all Geshas. I will figure out some cupping logistics among our cupping group...
90+ has an interesting approach. For consistency, they roast and airmail the samples out.

Samples were roasted early Monday and landed on my porch on Wed. I have two sets; one complete set with our strongest cupper, Curly Johnson. We are going to do half on a Google meetup on Sunday (7 days off roast; perfect for a Gesha) and the remainder during the week. Once we compare notes and prices, we'll decide on coffee(s).

No pre-reservations at this time. Feel free to reach out to me with questions thru my message contact right over there -->.

DB
-----
LMWDP #339

sosha
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by sosha »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote: Patty, what is it about this coffee that you are enjoying.
We like Peru and are enjoying the Peru Fair Trade Organic Communidad Lucmabamba from Sweet Marias. We bought 20 lbs.

What I don't understand about Royal is their terminology - is the viscosity really Fudge Pudding and Cream ? The terminology makes it sound really hard to trust the tasting notes.
Finally got around to roasting/drinking this one. Fudge Pudding and cream is actually a fair descriptor. I think It's definitely a comfort cup, and will go over big time at work. It should also make a stellar cold brew.

Just my humble thoughts......YMMV.
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

baldheadracing
Team HB

#26: Post by baldheadracing »

I have 25 lbs of Aida Batlle Selection: Washed Kilimanjaro Discussion coming. Cost will be what I end up paying in CAD.

If you're local - Ottawa/Gatineau - then this may be of interest. I also have a one-day trip to Toronto coming up, but the timing may not work out if there are shipping delays.

PM if interested.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Boldjava

#27: Post by Boldjava »

Boldjava wrote:I have 13 samples on the way from Ninety Plus, all Geshas. I will figure out some cupping logistics among our cupping group, the Gopher Gulpers. The guys are all home roasters from around the state.

Once we work thru them, I am going to select one or two and offer them to the Gulpers and thru here, the Green Coffee Exchange thread...
Dave
Sorry, in comparison to other Geshas and other highly priced coffees we have had, the value isn't there.
-----
LMWDP #339

Boldjava

#28: Post by Boldjava »

Royal Crown Jewel, sold out

o Rwanda, Lake Kivu
o. Variety: Bourbons
o Murundo Washing Station, Triple Washed
o 400 small land holders, Lot 1. 1750 meters

https://royalcoffee.com/product/cj1396/

Flavors "...full of complex sugars (Golden raisin/maple syrup), currant-like acids."
Orange, nougat, black tea, maple syrup, clean and Golden Raisin. Syrupy.

Have some extra after distributing among our Minnesota group, the Gopher Gulpers.

3.5 lbs, $36.25 (sold out)

Reservation made with payment. Send payment via PayPal to Dave at sidewalkmystic dot com.
Send a notice to my HB contact box when paid. Include your board/given names.
Make sure your address is correct in PayPal.

Questions, please reach me over here via HB's contact system: ------->
Coffee ordered. 1st one to roast, start a thread in Roasting Forum.

-----
LMWDP #339

Boldjava

#29: Post by Boldjava »

Boldjava wrote:Royal Crown Jewel

o Rwanda, Lake Kivu
o. Variety: Bourbons
o Murundo Washing Station, Triple Washed
o 400 small land holders, Lot 1. 1750 meters

https://royalcoffee.com/product/cj1396/...
Royal says UPS will have it on the porch by Friday. Orders will leave St Paul NLT Mon, Feb 8th. DB

Sold out
-----
LMWDP #339

bicktrav

#30: Post by bicktrav »

Re-posting about the below Royal Crown Jewel Ethiopia Banko Gotiti Bedhatu Jibicho Natural. Still have a decent amount left. Send me a PM if you're interested.

https://royalcoffee.com/product/cjo1379/