Gas Regulator for HB M6S-G roaster

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
cbb

#1: Post by cbb »

Hi all,
I just bought a HB M6S-G coffee roaster, there is a gas regulator comes together with the machine. However this type of gas regulator is only commonly used in China and Thailand, it can not be connected to my country gas tank.

I tried to buy to the low pressure gas regulator from local is giving stronger fire with very low gas level. I tried to search around locally but couldnt find a suitable one. According to the roaster seller, I need to get the gas regulator with 0.6-1.2m3/h flow. Please share your resolution if you have resolve the same problem.

thank you guys.

hankua
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by hankua »

Normally a small roaster would use low pressure propane/LP regulator, here in the US they are usually around 15"wc, with one being sold at 1 psi/30" wc. The 600g HB roaster looks to have a 6 kPa pressure gauge on the machine, if that's the case a 45-50 mm/Hg regulator should work well. If the regulator has too much pressure going to the machine, there is a risk of blowing out the bladder on the pressure gauge. To compensate for that issue you could install a gate valve/needle valve on the incoming gas line.