Exhaust ideas for sample roaster - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Capuchin Monk
Posts: 1200
Joined: 14 years ago

#21: Post by Capuchin Monk »

We are talking small fan moving small amount of air for small roaster. It won't need a lot of make up air.

Aguirre (original poster)
Posts: 328
Joined: 8 years ago

#22: Post by Aguirre (original poster) »

Here goes. Let's see how this works after 6 samples. Espesso blends development going on here

jrham12
Posts: 268
Joined: 5 years ago

#23: Post by jrham12 »

Rodrigo,

Assuming the top pane of the window can slide down (instead of sliding the bottom pane up), maybe you could install the fan in the upper half of the window? Assuming the exhaust comes from the top of your roaster, then it may give the smoke a more direct path to the fan. Plus it will be closer to the ceiling to hopefully draw out any residual smoke from the room?

Josh

Capuchin Monk
Posts: 1200
Joined: 14 years ago

#24: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Aguirre wrote:Here goes. Let's see how this works after 6 samples.
With with one of those 4 inch diameter aluminum foil flex duct from the fan grill to just above the roaster exhaust outlet would reduce the stray smoke greatly and you won't need to run the fan high in such setting. Stray smoke will eventually stain the walls and ceiling. That's why you want to contain it as much as possible.

Aguirre (original poster)
Posts: 328
Joined: 8 years ago

#25: Post by Aguirre (original poster) »

jrham12 wrote:Rodrigo,

Assuming the top pane of the window can slide down (instead of sliding the bottom pane up), maybe you could install the fan in the upper half of the window? Assuming the exhaust comes from the top of your roaster, then it may give the smoke a more direct path to the fan. Plus it will be closer to the ceiling to hopefully draw out any residual smoke from the room?

Josh
Unfortunately I can only open the bottom half. These are cheap shed windows.

Aguirre (original poster)
Posts: 328
Joined: 8 years ago

#26: Post by Aguirre (original poster) »

Capuchin Monk wrote:With with one of those 4 inch diameter aluminum foil flex duct from the fan grill to just above the roaster exhaust outlet would reduce the stray smoke greatly and you won't need to run the fan high in such setting. Stray smoke will eventually stain the walls and ceiling. That's why you want to contain it as much as possible.
Yes I'll have to incorporate something like that. The fan did a good job but there was indeed some stray smoke