Ethiopia Dry Process Yirga Cheffe Mengesha Farm Roasting Discussion - Page 5

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Capuchin Monk

#41: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Milligan wrote:I'm curious about the cream. Did you brew it in V60 or perhaps immersion?
I use Clever Dripper pour over and put some heavy whipping cream (off the shelf) from grocery store.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#42: Post by mkane »

#1718 is pretty tasty 2 days off. Pour over/cafec light roast filter & our special water. Straight up.

Milligan

#43: Post by Milligan »

I did V60, Tetsu method with good brew water. Very tasty. Black for me too.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#44: Post by LBIespresso »

I've had mine as PO with Kalita filter in Origami and as espresso, ristretto, and americano. Yup, all delicious.

But, I really think this will shine as a Turkish, but I lent my setup to a friend. Looking forward to getting it back just for this coffee.
LMWDP #580

Rickpatbrown

#45: Post by Rickpatbrown »

Hot off the roaster. Will update in a few days with tasting notes. Roast smells promising. Greens smelled fantastic! Finished hotter than I'd have preferred. Should have cut the heat a little sooner after RORmax.

18hrs post roast Chemex pour over. Let grinds sit 10 minutes to off gas. Pretty good. Definitely fully developed. Light on body, but may just need to rest more. Nice fruity, winey top notes. It doesn't scream blueberry, but I can say it's there. The fruit/berry flavor is more I'm the jammy, pie category than fresh blueberry.

I'll see how it rests, but I'm thinking the hot finish temp killed the delicate parts. I need to slow down the roast in maillard more so I enter 1stC with lower ROR.

Pretty nice, but not a blueberry bomb.

RyanP

#46: Post by RyanP »

I meant to buy 5# of this and completely spaced. If anybody went in big and is looking to offload a little feel free to reach out!

Trjelenc

#47: Post by Trjelenc »

These 3 roasts turned out very good. Very strong fruit, good sweetness and very light but not too acidic. I definitely smell the blueberry when grinding and taste it but like I said earlier in the thread, I just feel like my palate may have stopped tasting blueberry as a distinct flavor in these coffees. Either way, most of this was for my parents and they thought it was phenomenal and tasted like blueberry more than the previous roasts.

Milligan

#48: Post by Milligan »

Very nice, those look like quite light roasts. Good to know it doesn't have underdeveloped notes even under 10F rise past FCs. I'm actually enjoying some from my last batch this morning. I've had some excellent feedback on the Ethiopian from friends and family. It is a great one to break out to introduce someone to "good" coffee.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#49: Post by LBIespresso »

Trjelenc wrote:These 3 roasts turned out very good. Very strong fruit, good sweetness and very light but not too acidic. I definitely smell the blueberry when grinding and taste it but like I said earlier in the thread, I just feel like my palate may have stopped tasting blueberry as a distinct flavor in these coffees. Either way, most of this was for my parents and they thought it was phenomenal and tasted like blueberry more than the previous roasts.

What size TC's do you have in there? That's a quick and high TP, higher Dry & FC than I get with my 3.2MM RTD's

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying this as much as I am.
LMWDP #580

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#50: Post by mborkow »

Switched away from this coffee for a few days but returned to it today and got a comment from my wife about how pronounced the blueberry flavor was. I also shortened the shot ratio (1:1.25) which I noticed also enhanced the fruitiness. Still loving this one...should have bought more.