Electric home roaster - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
RFK250

#11: Post by RFK250 »

I'm curious to hear what you've learned now that you've had it for a month. I've seen that unit and it looks like a cheap and easy way to give roasting a try, though I might opt for a rotisserie + drum over a natural gas grill. But I digress - how has it been going and how does it taste?

DamianWarS (original poster)

#12: Post by DamianWarS (original poster) replying to RFK250 »

I have a 1 kg drum roaster on order if that answers your question. It gets the same sort of results as roasting in pan does it just would be perhaps the best version of roasting on a pan you can get. There have been times when it was good but I think you'll always be chasing consistency but I also have only used older coffee with it, I need to try it with some better coffee before I make a call like that. I'm starting a coffee training/lab and I'm working with a lot of low capital entrepreneurs that have budgets of $1000 to get a fully operational cafe running. So they want to know is this worth their money? I still want to play with it, and there is another one on the market I want to get and test as well but right now I wouldn't recommend it to these small cafes owners.