Electric Behmor 1KG roaster - Page 4

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mtbizzle

#31: Post by mtbizzle »

FWIW I think he is both focusing on other priorities (his health) and has been significantly delayed by the situation caused by COVID outbreak.
"All people by nature desire to know" -Aristotle

cltlarry

#32: Post by cltlarry »

Apparently Joe is dealing with a health issue right now according to what I just read on his FB page but he states they are progressing with the V2 version. They probably found something that needed a little improvement prior to releasing to the public. No problem, I'll wait!

Right now he needs thoughts and prayers!

mtbizzle

#33: Post by mtbizzle »

From facebook

we decided to take a look at our existing design for Jake and take the opportunity to expand its capabilities and use in both the coffee roasting and chocolate making markets. To that end, we opted to expand the functionality of Jake to ensure that it could do as much as possible and help a broad number of craft makers. While the original Jake was designed for use as a dedicated coffee bean roaster, we realized that with some changes, others could use it as well. During our testing, we also found that a few other changes could be made that would be beneficial to all our friends. These included:
* Streamlining the control electronics to ensure even greater reliability and flexibility
* Reduced board density and components
* Reduced the number of mechanical components for longer term reliability
* Component lifetime extension through optimized design focused on greater protection from heat sources.
* Drum adjusted for better load removal and cocoa mixing
* Leg modification for stability and ease of assembly
* Optimized part tolerances for easier user maintenance and reduced production costs
* Added manual control over roasting as a standard option
* Ability to seamlessly switch between Artisan and manual Control
Suggested/ Projected Price $2495
Release Date: Sept 2021 Behmor Jake V2.0
Details: Jake Kilo Roaster - Behmor
"All people by nature desire to know" -Aristotle

ira
Team HB

#34: Post by ira »

Sounds about the same as the first announcement 2 or 3 years ago.

Ira