Cyclone for Kaldi Fortis Came In - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
pcivic

#21: Post by pcivic »

I always have problems due to airflow changes when there is a lot of chaff present, so probably with this solution airflow stays constant, and makes process easier. Roaster now looks way more proffessional than before :) Also it is very good to hear that now you have more time to focus on roasts, and beans cool quicker. This will definitely be ob my list of upgrades!

BTW what kind of Gas burner do you have?

littlenut (original poster)

#22: Post by littlenut (original poster) »

pcivic wrote:I always have problems due to airflow changes when there is a lot of chaff present, so probably with this solution airflow stays constant, and makes process easier. Roaster now looks way more proffessional than before :) Also it is very good to hear that now you have more time to focus on roasts, and beans cool quicker. This will definitely be ob my list of upgrades!
Airflow "seems" to be relatively constant during the entire roasting process.
pcivic wrote:BTW what kind of Gas burner do you have?
It seems where I bought my burner is out of stock, but I found another store and linked it above. You'll need the fittings and a pressure gage to get you to your propane source. I use an adjustable regulator and a PG to control the fuel supply. Searching this forum will yield quite a bit of detailed information about what others are using for their burners/fittings/regulators/control valves ....

HTH, -Tom

EDIT: Seemed to have had an ol' guy moment and lost the link. Here it is...

My Burner

mack1611

#23: Post by mack1611 »

Hello from a fellow Baton Rouge roaster.

#24: Post by littlenut (original poster) »

*WAVES*

Hi Mike

:-)

pcivic

#25: Post by pcivic »

Yes, non constant airflow is the main issue, with "huky style" ventilation, I am very glad that the cyclone solves that!

Unfortunately link shows item not available.

#26: Post by littlenut (original poster) »

littlenut wrote:<SNIPPAGE>

It is no longer there. I do not know if they stopped selling it separately or some website maintenance issue. What I suggest is using the site "contact us". iirc I had to create a site account to send a message, but that is how I initiated the contact. Please update what you find out. My contact was "Hong".

HTH, -Tom

EDIT: CACHED WEBPAGE
Tine, I would suggest contacting Seinn/Kaldi from the site and ask status. They were extremely quick responding when you factor in the time difference. HTH, -LN

https://eng.homecaffe.net/index.html