Crown Jewel - Bella Vista, Rosalba Cifuentes Family

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
AndyinTexas
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by AndyinTexas »

Thinking of ordering a 22 lb. box of the Crown Jewel Mexico Bella Vista Rosalba Cifuentes Family Fully Washed, although Crown Jewel is out of the one pound sampler, which I would rather try before ordering a full 22 lb.-box.

Anyone have any experience with this coffee?

https://royalcoffee.com/product/cj1411/

Thanks.

olutheros

#2: Post by olutheros »

Same coffee but available in small portions: https://thecaptainscoffee.com/collectio ... an-harvest

Or if it's not the same, it's another lot from the same family/farm also imported by Royal, so very close.

Chert

#3: Post by Chert »

I'm a fan of this coffee. I split up the box I bought, but would not be complaining if noone else had wanted any.

PM if you want me to send you a roasted / green sample.
LMWDP #198

Jasper_8137

#4: Post by Jasper_8137 »

Chert wrote:I'm a fan of this coffee. I split up the box I bought, but would not be complaining if noone else had wanted any.
Glad you like it. I purchased 22lbs over the weekend. How light / dark are you roasting?

Chert

#5: Post by Chert »

"City roast." ( roast levels should always be in quotes right?). I'll try to post a recent profile.
LMWDP #198

bradm

#6: Post by bradm »

Also a fan, thanks to Chert. First roast was 7C and 2:15 past FC, and brewed up very tasty. It is an easy-roasting well behaved bean. Took it to a few degrees short of SC in the second roast, and the beans look really nice. Will be shocked if it isn't an excellent dark roast cup...

AndyinTexas (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by AndyinTexas (original poster) »

Thanks very much!

18gramssf

#8: Post by 18gramssf »

Love this bean! I'm about 75% done with my box and it gets better and better!

bradm

#9: Post by bradm »

Yep, totally agree. The dark roast just short of SC was indeed a real winner: still a hint of fruity sweetness on top of smooth dark flavors. Hoping the Happy Mug version will be as good.

bradm

#10: Post by bradm »

So here are the curves for a lighter roast of the Royal and Happy Mug versions of this bean, overlaid:

By my amateur palate the brewed cup of HM version has less chocolate and more brown sugar at this roast level. Both are moderately fruity with great sweetness, cups that you sip and sip and can't put down. Very pleased with HM's version.