Coffee Roasting-Best Practices- Scott Rao [Book] - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#11: Post by TomC (original poster) »

mkane wrote:And the name of the book is????????????? I don't do instagram, text, etc. I have a dumb phone.
It's the title of the thread. Sorry, I thought that was clear.

coffeemmichael
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by coffeemmichael »

Ordered

BPlus: turning your coffee spirit
Sponsored by BPlus
Beeroclock

#13: Post by Beeroclock »

Patiently waiting for mine to arrive in the UK - ordered over a month ago. I think they're being shipped from Berlin - but not sure.

Cheers Phil

JavaMD
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by JavaMD »

Heard it was coming out .. just ordered it .. thanks for the heads up!

Steve

bicktrav
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by bicktrav »

I just finished reading it. It's fantastic, wonderfully granular and written for a more advanced crowd than The Coffee Roaster's Companion. I roasted several batches yesterday using the techniques in the book and achieved much smoother RoRs with almost no crashes or flicks. This morning, I cupped a Guatemala and the improvements were noticeable. It's a phenomenal book!
★ Helpful

mkane
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by mkane »

TomC wrote:It's the title of the thread. Sorry, I thought that was clear.

Thanks Tom. I'm a bit thin at times.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by mkane »

And done. Thanks very much

Decent Espresso: espresso equipment for serious baristas
Sponsored by Decent Espresso
jfife
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by jfife »

Just finished Hoos' "Modulating the Flavor..." and look forward to reading Rao's latest. Thanks for the heads up.
J

yakster
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by yakster »

bicktrav wrote:I just finished reading it. It's fantastic, wonderfully granular and written for a more advanced crowd than The Coffee Roaster's Companion. I roasted several batches yesterday using the techniques in the book and achieved much smoother RoRs with almost no crashes or flicks. This morning, I cupped a Guatemala and the improvements were noticeable. It's a phenomenal book!
I'm blaming you, Gary, if it doesn't live up to my high expectations since I ordered it based on your review. :lol:

I'm looking forward to reading this one.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

bicktrav
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by bicktrav » replying to yakster »

Ha! Pressure's on! Hopefully you find it as useful as I have. He spends a lot of time dealing with fixes for crashes and flicks. Those problems have plagued me for a while, so I found it very helpful.