Bullet Roast Along-Brazil: Lagender or etc - Page 4

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mkane
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by mkane »

Roast #1360, is a more pleasing example. Nutty like most Brazilians. Not sweet, not ashy either. I'll give it a light toast without butter. This would stand up to milk and cream.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by mkane »

Just made another pour-over and the fragrance reminds me of rubber. Not burnt rubber, just rubber. Like a bicycle tube. I should go buy some milk.

This is a perfect choice for my wife.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by mkane »

Drinking what's left of this morning's cup. Fantastic. Achiness is gone, rubbers gone. Nice and nutty.

pcofftenyo (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#34: Post by pcofftenyo (original poster) » replying to mkane »

It only took 8 hours to settle down! Walnut, not cashew or almond, right?

Chert

#35: Post by Chert »

mkane wrote:Just made another pour-over and the fragrance reminds me of rubber. Not burnt rubber, just rubber. Like a bicycle tube. I should go buy some milk.

This is a perfect choice for my wife.
I've never had to report one of your posts before. Maybe someone should check on you. :P
LMWDP #198

Chert

#36: Post by Chert »

mkane wrote:Drinking what's left of this morning's cup. Fantastic. Achiness is gone, rubbers gone. Nice and nutty.

Are you saying that the rubber smell shows that it will develop into tasty nutty fantastic flavor?
LMWDP #198

pcofftenyo (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#37: Post by pcofftenyo (original poster) »

Chert wrote: Are you saying that the rubber smell shows that it will develop into tasty nutty fantastic flavor?
Precisely. After 8 hours.

I had scored this as a low 85. That's what I get by cheaping out. Several local roasters use this as an espresso base; I'll have to pick their brains about profiles.

sambuist

#38: Post by sambuist »

Could u post your profile ? - i see it as #1360 on the previous page. glad you found a nice cup out of it

mkane
Supporter ♡

#39: Post by mkane »

Chert wrote:I've never had to report one of your posts before. Maybe someone should check on you. :P
And I've not even had any whisky, yet.

I would say nutty walnut. Maybe another day or 2 it might morph into something swell.

Another room temp sip, excellent.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#40: Post by mkane »

It's mellowing out. You can tell by the fragrance. Made as a PO again and it's pleasing on the lips. Not a thick cup, not mouth coating but seems quite balanced front to back. Walnut nutty, maybe even Brazil nutty.

I haven't roasted too many naturals since my 65lb fiasco with another Brazilian dry that tipped and scorched with every try. I supposed I've learned a few things along the way and these beans didn't exhibit any of these traits (blaming it on the beans)

The temperatures achieved with the low gas settings are what caught me off guard.