Bulk roasting Behmor 1600+ - Page 5

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mckolit (original poster)

#41: Post by mckolit (original poster) »

Mbb wrote:Nope, making christmas gifts for people you dont know at wifes work is not what weekends are for.

But good luck just the same.
:D It is this year.

#42: Post by mckolit (original poster) »

yakster wrote:I'm thinking you deserve a heckuva great holiday gift from your Wife for all this.
Hmmmm... :D

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#43: Post by Milligan »

Thanks for the updates. I'm wanting to know if you enjoy roasting after all is said and done! Maybe Behmor can sponsor you for showing (maybe) the durability of the roaster :mrgreen:

#44: Post by mckolit (original poster) replying to Milligan »

We will see in 30 days.

Day three went smoothly. I'm going to start doing five roasts per session.
The dreaded ERR2 reared its ugly head yesterday though. Luckily it was at the end of the roast about five seconds from me ending the roast. Lucked out. Unfortunately I don't have any room for error. I don't have extra beans.

#45: Post by mckolit (original poster) »

I wasn't able to roast yesterday. But this will be a short work week with Thanksgiving, so I'll have plenty of catch up time. Very early yet in the process so don't feel the time crunch yet. But I know all these little delays will cost me at the end. Another thing that's popped up is I'm out of beans for my own coffee. With this current project, I can't sneak in a roast of my own. Luckily I have some decent choices around me to buy a bag of roasted. Sticker shock will get me though. Haven't purchased a bag of roasted in a bit.

#46: Post by mckolit (original poster) »

I was able to roast 10 batches today. I finally opened the big bag. 30 pounds down, 120 to go!

SutterMill

#47: Post by SutterMill replying to mckolit »

I believe you may need to temporarily change the "interests" in your profile to "Frequent Roaster".

Pretty darn impressive. Curious if you've had a chance to do a quality analysis on the earlier roasts yet?

#48: Post by mckolit (original poster) replying to SutterMill »

Not the current roasts. I only have enough beans for the gifts. If something goes wrong with any of the roasts, I'll have to get more beans. A couple weeks before, we bought two pounds to test the beans. They had the coffee at work. There were no complaints so that's the profile I'm going with (which is how I roast everything :D) The roasts smell great though the next day.

#49: Post by mckolit (original poster) »

I roasted 15 batches today. I'm now going to mark progress by buckets. Each 5 gallon bucket holds 15 pounds roasted.

dyno

#50: Post by dyno »

This is the roasting ultramarathon. :lol: