Biftu Gudina and other Showroom Coffees?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
glf
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by glf »

Last month Crop to Cup affiliated Showroom Coffee got added to the What's Wowing Me list of greens suppliers, so I decided to give them a try. I'm wondering if anyone else has, too?

I think their Ethiopia Biftu is an outstanding, complex, balanced, washed coffee. I've roasted the 2 lbs sample and have 10 more coming. The tasting notes on Showroom's web site (helpfully called "cupping notes upon arrival") start with "Lilac bomb" but there's no indication that was on the nose and/or palate. In any case I didn't get it, but perhaps it escaped in the little crash at the end. The other notes "melon, nectarine, peach, wild honey" were more or less accurate for my roasts, but especially the wild honey, which I think I got as a sweet light buttery spice (which spice, I don't know!).

I've also roasted the Duromina washed, Banko Gotiti and Banko Michicha naturals. No bombs, but clear, balanced profiles.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by mkane »

Outstanding

Advertisement
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#3: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

You didn't lose anything in that roast. So it's like the wine that tastes like magical ferries floating on your tongue. Just not the best description that lilac, but hey made ya look, they would say.

Great roast on the C600. Excellent job.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

glf (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by glf (original poster) »

Yeah, those magical fairies went right to my head and then my wallet, but everything's coming up roses, if not lilacs.

So, am I the first of the HB tribe to try out Showroom?

Skylander

#5: Post by Skylander »

Earlier this year I bought a decaf from Crop to Cup. Before they opened Showroom. It's outstanding. It's one of my favorite coffees and can go up against regular coffees I currently roast as well as past ones. I drink this coffee all day...every day. I gave some to customers to test blind and they had no clue it was decaf. Anyway...I digress. C2C / Showroom has excellent customer service. I'd recommend them. Though I would add their tasting notes seem a bit over the top sometimes. However who's to challenge one persons palette over another. If it roasts well on my end, and presents well in the cup...then I'm stoked.