Artisan - recording initial gas and air settings

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I learned something new the other day and am sharing. You can record multiple events when hitting the default buttons. So on Charge I now have my events for my initial gas and air which I used to record using alarms but this is much easier. This also is a double check for me that things are where they are supposed to be. When I hit the ON button I have a speaking alarm that reminds me to reset the fan to where I want it.

Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Brewzologist »

Yep, it's a handy feature which has helped me reduce the number of 'stupid-user' mistakes I make when using Artisan by automating common functions so I don't forget anything. Examples:

-- I created two button palettes and use this to switch between them so my PID warmup/BBP and other calibration buttons are hidden during a roast (so I don't accidently click them).
-- I use it to automatically idle the gas/fan to their lowest settings when I hit the OFF button.
-- I also use this quite a bit for user created buttons too; like turning off my warmup/BBP PID control when I start a roast.

MaKoMo

#3: Post by MaKoMo »

Geeks!

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Brewzologist »

MaKoMo wrote:Geeks!
This coming from the Uber Geek himself... 8)

Skylander

#5: Post by Skylander »

Good stuff...thanks