Artisan or something wrong?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
abutus177

#1: Post by abutus177 »

please everyone what wrong with this log from artisan.

I decided to buy a roaster from a local company.After that he sent me a picture.
I'm a little curious Ask him, this picture chart shows that the coffee is actually roasted.
He replied to me that coffee roast is good, and that it is another form of roast.
I'm not sure if it was a form of roasting or a glitch on the device. Or is it a setup artisan mistake?
And actually I stood and watched him roast. And I saw that it had a first crack. When it was released, it was normal roasted. I'm very confused right now with the charts I see. (I didn't look at his computer at that time)
Can anyone with this knowledge help me please?

He uses RS485 MODBUS and
E5CC Omron

Rickpatbrown

#2: Post by Rickpatbrown »

Hey there. What do you think is wrong with the roaster/Artisan log? Be specific. What is causing your concern?

I notice that your axes are not set to a reasonable level. Set the max to around 250- 275°C

The RORooks extremely flat. I don't roast like that and most here will recomend a constantly declining curve. But, maybe this guys a genius and roasting dope coffee??!

abutus177 (original poster)

#3: Post by abutus177 (original poster) »

He said it was a cold air cylinder burning system. I was worried about his words. And I am sure he uses Celsius. In which my country uses this measure And I'm pretty sure his setup was wrong, but he didn't admit. And he said it was the old probat ug system that I did not recognize 75 years ago. Who knows the original system mentioned? Help me.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#4: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

To start with you have Artisan in F and his numbers are Celsius. Change Artisan to read Celsius. See the Quick Start Guide in my signature to learn more.

Menu>Config>Temperature and Menu>Config>Language are where you go to choose your language and Celsius or Fahrenheit and switch between the two if you like.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Rickpatbrown

#5: Post by Rickpatbrown »

abutus177 wrote:He said it was a cold air cylinder burning system. I was worried about his words. And I am sure he uses Celsius. In which my country uses this measure And I'm pretty sure his setup was wrong, but he didn't admit. And he said it was the old probat ug system that I did not recognize 75 years ago. Who knows the original system mentioned? Help me.
Sorry. This one is a bit over my head. I am not familiar with what you are describing. Detailed pictures might help another member diagnose any problems.

It looks like it roasts coffee, so I'm sure you can get it working well!

abutus177 (original poster)

#6: Post by abutus177 (original poster) »

This is the latest chart that I am personally roasting. Now I am confused by the temperature data that comes from the roaster, it is somewhat inferior to the truth. I marked the dry end when I saw the bean turn yellow. And mark 1c when the sound is heard And this is the visualization, it confuses me about end temp. I can't decide at all. What do I do? Is it a problem with a program or a probe?

Marcelnl

#7: Post by Marcelnl »

you can export the graph in a convenient format to post here; file-save graph- select home barista and put that inline, so it's more easy to see than a screen shot

Did you check if there is an offset for temperature in Artisan ?
If not you should be able to take one temperature probe out of the roaster and put it in boiling water to check various artisan settings to find what is going wrong.

like this:
LMWDP #483

Marcelnl

#8: Post by Marcelnl »

second thought: was Artisan set up for the Modbus device? it looks as if the data gets mangled, you get to yellowing and first crack so your roaster surely gets hot enough and from the amount of time it takes to FC it's fast enough too, so I suspect it's a data issue, likely a setting.
LMWDP #483

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#9: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Cofig>Axes

Change the C axes to something smaller like 0 to 220. I think the graph will look better. Bit of flat roast, but rest should be fine.

Have your friend read the Quick Start Guide and learn how to use Artisan.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Marcelnl

#10: Post by Marcelnl replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Michael are you sure this is only a bit of flat roast?
First crack is showing at around 110 'C :shock:

E5CC OMron appears to be a PID controller
LMWDP #483