Artisan+ home-roasters use discussion

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Chert

#1: Post by Chert »

The artisan team offers the added subscription service and I think a thread on it use may be helpful. A few months ago I did a trial run and let it lapse, this week I signed in again and updated my inventory. It looks like this. I will roast today and see how the inventory tracking can work.

Have any of you been using this to track inventories? Or store profiles?

I think the ability to load specifics on coffees from greens suppliers will be useful.

And when I receive a coffee that I want to distribute and share with other home roasters, I hope I can track my inventory of that too.

The discussion among us can expand and improve the use of it too most likely.
LMWDP #198

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#2: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

For those not familiar with the basics, here is Artisan.Plus info

Quick Start Guide for Artisan.Plus (not by me)

Lots of data can be captured on each bean.

Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Chert (original poster)

#3: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Thanks Michael for pointing out those links.

I decided to use up some gesha and kenya nyeri that was not vac-packed so I tried a blend. I specified my percentages as a new blend in the Artisan + dialogue on line, then when I started Artisan and was at temp for my sample protocol I was able to choose th eblend from a drop down and charge at 200g. After drop = or save - the roast is stored, with some details. (I think it may also be possible to upload roast curve - I'm not sure on that.) The report looks like this, and it appears that the inventory of the individual beans was deducted.

LMWDP #198

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#4: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Chert wrote: (I think it may also be possible to upload roast curve - I'm not sure on that.)
@Chert,

Artisan and Plus never upload your profile curve and that's with intention, but you have the option. If you care, check your software license if you are using the Bullet RoasTime or MCR RoastPATH. Some of the cloud software has rights to your profiles.

You can both upload your profiles and also a bean/profile image (thanks for posting your questions as I should be doing this but haven't been). Both of these are useful to remember what the green vendor said about the bean and what a good background curve might be for the future.

There is an upload doc link for profiles.

and after uploading you can see the file name.

At the bottom of left of the bean info screen is a little icon of an image

Use that to upload either an image of your profile or bean description.
Artisan.Plus User-

Chert (original poster)

#5: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I would probably just upload the profile that happened to be really good and legible for a given coffee. It only uploads if you choose, right?
LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#6: Post by Chert (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:

There is an upload doc link for profiles.
If it's rarely used, then saving the file and then uploading is fine, but it is a few extra clicks.

Alternatively, maybe it would be easy to integrate that as a checkbox so that a .jpg of the roast graph is stored with the saved roast in Artisan+.
LMWDP #198

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#7: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz replying to Chert »

Sounds like a feature request; I am always unaware of the issues of such features.
Artisan.Plus User-

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#8: Post by LBIespresso »

Chert wrote:
Have any of you been using this to track inventories? Or store profiles?
I have and I find it to be very helpful. It's nice to not have to open my freezer to go digging to see what I have in there. I also really like how I don't have to update it after I roast since it pulls it from my inventory when I roast.

I am looking forward to a deeper dive in all that it has to offer one of these days so I will follow this thread closely as well as post when I find any other features worth sharing.
LMWDP #580

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by Brewzologist »

I'm doing the same. Nice to not have to dig in the freezer to find greens. I'm also keeping track of the number of 'packs' of roasted coffee stored in my freezer too. I track this in the notes section of each roast and reduce the count when I pull a pack out to consume. This makes it far more predictable when I need to roast next and what coffees I'm running short on.

Chert (original poster)

#10: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Here's another shot of the roasts. I like that after I forgot to measure the mass of roasted to add to the artisan .alog I opened it again and weighed them and entered it and saved it and it automatically correct in artisan plus. But I'm not so sure I see the progress of my inventory slowly shrinking as I roast from my collection on artisan plus.

LMWDP #198