Artisan Getting Started Guide - Collaboration Welcome - Page 6

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
samtsai5212

#51: Post by samtsai5212 »

samtsai5212 wrote:On the roaster with Phidget1048, you can connect it to a raspberry pi/or phidget SBC as a network server. In Artisan just go to Config>Device>Phidget>on the last panel fill up the ip address of the raspberry pi/phidget SBC to connect to probes on phidgets.
As for the Amprobe TMD-56, you can connect it phisically to your laptop and use it as usual thermometer.
Using raspberry pi need some extra work of installing phidgets 22driver.

chuckcoffee

#52: Post by chuckcoffee »

For the events such as Gas, Fan
- Is there a way to adjust the colors in the back ground?
- add an axis?
- add an annotation for data points?

MaKoMo

#53: Post by MaKoMo »

chuckcoffee wrote:For the events such as Gas, Fan
- Is there a way to adjust the colors in the back ground?
- add an axis?
- add an annotation for data points?
  • you might want to increase the DPI setting to get the graph annotations drawn larger
    (menu Tools >> Extras, UI tab)
  • the colors of custom events in the background are the same as those of the foreground, but drawn with a different opaqueness. The colors of custom events can be changed in the Events dialog
    (menu Config >> Events, tab Style)
  • you can manipulate the opaqueness of the background curves in the background dialog
    (menu Roast >> Background)
  • there is no extra axis for events, but you can "snap" them to the temperature axis
    (menu Config >> Events)
  • there are no annotations for data points in "bars by-value" mode (yet, but in v1.3). You could choose a different mode to draw events (menu Config >> Events). You can also click those event markers to see their data written in the message line

chuckcoffee

#54: Post by chuckcoffee »

Marko

Thanks for the guidance. Much improved with higher DPI

I had some questions.

- is that setting on the UI for the font DPI suppoosed to stay the next time I open Artisan? Seems to go back to the default. I clicked on set as you can see
- is there anyway to make the LCD temp readouts a larger font?
- "Drop" does not seem to show up on my curves. I swear I hit the drop button. Am I missing something?
- on the event buttons - I added in additional buttons after but they are not in sequence. Is there a way to sort them or do I have to delete and start again?

Thanks for all your work. You help make this serious fun ;O)

MaKoMo

#55: Post by MaKoMo »

chuckcoffee wrote: - is that setting on the UI for the font DPI suppoosed to stay the next time I open Artisan? Seems to go back to the default. I clicked on set as you can see
Should stay. Does for me and a lot others.
chuckcoffee wrote: - is there anyway to make the LCD temp readouts a larger font?
No. However, under menu Tools >> LCDs you can open a resizable window showing time/BT/ET lcds at any size you want.
chuckcoffee wrote: - "Drop" does not seem to show up on my curves. I swear I hit the drop button. Am I missing something?
It is there, but you cannot see it because it is behind the MET label in this case, that is happening at the very same moment in time. Deactivate the MET thing and you see it.
chuckcoffee wrote: - on the event buttons - I added in additional buttons after but they are not in sequence. Is there a way to sort them or do I have to delete and start again?
This is on the list of things to be improved, but will not even make it into the next version. Sorry.

Beanz

#56: Post by Beanz »

chuckcoffee wrote: - is that setting on the UI for the font DPI suppoosed to stay the next time I open Artisan? Seems to go back to the default. I clicked on set as you can see
MaKoMo wrote:Should stay. Does for me and a lot others
I was going to post about this. I have the same issue, I am using Windows 10 and Artisan 1.2
The default Artisan screen has very large fonts and wide graph trace when plotting.

The only place I could see how to change this was UI where standard setting is 120. If I change to eg 75 then Set and OK the font size reduces accordingly.
If I the Quit Artisan and then reopen the font size displayed will be back at 120 size but the 75 will be showing in UI. If I hit Set it goes back to 75 but display defaults on Quit and restarting.

Is this the correct way it operates or should it display the new Set value on reopening ?

Is this in fact the correct way to adjust the display ?

HB
Admin

#57: Post by HB »

Almico wrote:I convert png files to jpgs before loading to HB and posting. My png files have a habit of not showering my up at all.
Split to Image cropped. If you resize to max 1200 pixels (height or width) before upload, the problem should not occur.
Dan Kehn

MaKoMo

#58: Post by MaKoMo »

Beanz wrote:I was going to post about this. I have the same issue, I am using Windows 10 and Artisan 1.2
The default Artisan screen has very large fonts and wide graph trace when plotting.

The only place I could see how to change this was UI where standard setting is 120. If I change to eg 75 then Set and OK the font size reduces accordingly.
If I the Quit Artisan and then reopen the font size displayed will be back at 120 size but the 75 will be showing in UI. If I hit Set it goes back to 75 but display defaults on Quit and restarting.

Is this the correct way it operates or should it display the new Set value on reopening ?

Is this in fact the correct way to adjust the display ?
Thanks for your detailed description. I can reproduce this. Upps. This is a bug. I'll fix this for v1.3. Sorry.

Tonefish

#59: Post by Tonefish »

Michael, Thanks-a-bunch for putting this together. I just used the guide to recover that useful tool that does roast ranking. I vaguely recall that you can control what curves are shown somehow, but I can't find that. I tried searching this thread for "ranking" and it returned nil, which surprised me because I also thought we touched that here. Do you happen to recall how that curve selection worked, or am I remembering wrong?
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#60: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to Tonefish »

Don't think so in the ranking report. I'm not at a computer so can't check.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart