Artisan - BT curve and ROR lag

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
ialty

#1: Post by ialty »

Hello everyone,

I'm having a hard time tracking the BT curve and the ROR curve on the background.

It seems like I can only align the background with the BT curve or the ROR curve, in other words I have to choose if I wanna track one curve or the other.
If I track the BT curve (graph 2), I have a delay on the ROR curve, or the other way around as shown in graph 1 where I can easily track ROR but I have issues in tracking the BT curve.

How can I fix it?
thank you so much :)

matteo

Advertisement
mkane
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by mkane »

Almico

#3: Post by Almico »

Welcome Matteo.

Are both graphs of the same roast and just aligned differently? It looks that way since in the second graph the 0:48 TP occurs after the 0:57 TP of the background roast.

To get both to match requires a very consistent and systematic pre-charge routine protocol. Artisan only shows you the current temperature of the probes, not the temperature of the faceplate, drum and entire roasting environment.

Assuming exactly the same batch size, it appears the roaster was hotter in the current roast than it was in the background roast. That is why TP occurred at 0:48 instead of 0:57 even though the current roast was charged lower at 183* instead of 189*.

Long story short, I would focus on hitting the BT milestones, and as long as the RoR is following a similar, parallel shape, you will get consistent roasts.

Now that I'm thinking about it, adding another temp sensor to the outside of the faceplate would help access the pre-roast state of the entire system.

DongDong

#4: Post by DongDong »

This is Artisan's problem. I am contrary to you. The ROR is shifted forward. It may be that this problem started in version 1.9, but it has not been fixed. My computer is Win10 system.

Marcelnl

#5: Post by Marcelnl »

perhaps ask @makomo or Artisan support ?
LMWDP #483

Almico

#6: Post by Almico »

DongDong wrote:This is Artisan's problem. I am contrary to you. The ROR is shifted forward. It may be that this problem started in version 1.9, but it has not been fixed. My computer is Win10 system.
How is this an Artisan (software) issue? I do not believe you know what you are talking about.

MaKoMo

#7: Post by MaKoMo »

Could you post your smoothing settings?

Advertisement
MaKoMo

#8: Post by MaKoMo »

DongDong wrote:This is Artisan's problem. I am contrary to you. The ROR is shifted forward. It may be that this problem started in version 1.9, but it has not been fixed. My computer is Win10 system.
Artisan v1.9!? Never heard of..