Artisan beta roasting software available - Page 11

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Arpi (original poster)

#101: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Hi

Thermocouple meters don't come with long probes (only thermocouple wires). You would need to purchase two stainless steel probes separate (they look like long needles) plus special adapters to fit the probes into the roaster. Eric has special stainless steel adapters made for the Quest and the stainless steel probes.

The probes look like this:

http://www.omega.com/ppt/pptsc.asp?ref= ... Nav=tema07

You can get in touch with Eric by sending him a personal message here: /member/erics/

The diameter size of the probe should match the adapter, and the adapter should match the roaster hole. You would need at least one adapter (for BT) so that it fits tight in your current lowest thermometer hole + a probe. Then you would put the second probe in the ET hole (screw hole by the chimney).

Cheers

greencardigan

#102: Post by greencardigan »

Carneiro wrote: For those who want to use the Arduino + TC4, you just have to reply to serial command "READ\n" with a writing to the serial line with "t0,t1,t2\n" where t0 is the ambient temperature, t1 is BT and t2 is MET or ET.
Hi,
I'm using a PICAXE + TC4 to send serial data to artisan. When I read the artisan serial command I get the following ascii characters. 82 81 17 10. That's RQ?\n. Is that right?

Brad

MaKoMo

#103: Post by MaKoMo »

No, it should be "READ\n". Sounds to me like a serial communication problem. Did you configure the serial port correctly?

Marko

Carneiro

#104: Post by Carneiro »

I was having some trouble with Arduino using higher baud rates (57600). When I drop it to 19200 I could read the words fine.

Márcio.

greencardigan

#105: Post by greencardigan »

MaKoMo wrote:No, it should be "READ\n". Sounds to me like a serial communication problem. Did you configure the serial port correctly?

Marko
Hmm, I'll do a bit more testing. I'm using 9600 baud with my picaxe. I can send the t0,t1,t2\n data back and it gets plotted in artisan as expected.

JimG

#106: Post by JimG »

Is there someone with an Arduino / TC4 combination who would be willing to test a new Arduino sketch with Artisan?

The new sketch is named aArtisan.pde, and a release candidate can be found here:
https://tc4-shield.googlecode.com/svn/a ... hes/RB-100

The sketch is designed to respond quickly to "READ\n" commands from Artisan, and to optionally display current temperatures (ambient, environmental, bean) on an LCD panel.

(To suit your hardware and preferences, please edit the user.h file before flashing the sketch to your Arduino).

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Arpi (original poster)

#107: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Thanks. I've passed along the message to the developers mailing list.

Cheers

Arpi (original poster)

#108: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Hi.

We are happy to announce the new version of artisan 0.4.0. Some of the main changes include:

- improved CSV import/export
- K202 CSV support added
- adds localization support
- adds german, french, spanish, swedish, italian menu translations
- fixed cut-copy-paste on Mac and added cut-copy-paste menu
- LCD color configuration
- replay of events via background dialog
- relative times are used everywhere
- adds profile designer
- adds alarms
- more robust Arduino/TC4 communication
- bug fixes

Download Link: http://code.google.com/p/artisan/downloads/list

The Artisan Team

PS: To access the context menu of the profile Designer, do a mouse right-click inside the Designer Graph area.

Viernes

#109: Post by Viernes »

I have a problem. The Artisan timer counts erratically. If you look at the seconds, the timing isn't exactly, sometimes 1 second last longer and the next is shorter, or sometimes one second is skipped. Weird.

I'm using a voltkraft K204. Anyone with this problem?

Arpi (original poster)

#110: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Hi Oton.

The Timer LCD updates on every reading by using the sampling interval (now it can be set bellow 1.0). However, if there are other processes running concurrently (ie. a virus scanner), sometimes they will cause a delay, as they take turns sharing the processor. But the LCD does not affect the accuracy of the readings. Every reading does not need to be equally spaced to be accurate. The data logged should be OK.

If you feel like the processor is too busy, you can use a larger sampling interval to make it run smoother. Not all computers can run artisan at 1 second sampling interval.

Cheers