Artisan beta roasting software available - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Dieter01

#11: Post by Dieter01 »

Used this for three roasts today. Loved it! Everything fired right up and the interface was intuitive.

Can't thank you enough Arpi, great Christmas present :-)

Arpi (original poster)

#12: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Hi Dieter.

Thanks for the good words. I did not do the app alone at all. Marco did the HH506RA meter and also many other important and very difficult things. The app itself came up inspired from this forum by reading the answers and comments of everybody. So I would like to thank everybody who kindly share his/her? knowledge with us. Most of the app is based on knowledge collected on this same forum from Jim Schulman, who as far as I remember, has always tried to help everybody, and has always give us pointers and direction. Without him, this app would not have been even imagined. Jim, if you are there, thank you.

Right now, we'll be doing other devices and fixing details. Next year we are planning to add bean inventory management and other enhancing features. We are open to suggestions and ideas that can help you and us.

Cheers

PS: I apologize for forgetting to thank Dan Kehn. Thanks Dan for making this forum.

_ingo

#13: Post by _ingo »

Also thanks from me to Rafael and Marko, great Software!
Today i use this Software for my K202 (Center / Omega 306) Data Logger, it works fine :-)
Roaster: Roestbiene
Coffee: Bob-O-Link Brazil

Why1504

#14: Post by Why1504 »

Apri / Marko

I am running a Mac and having an issue finding the Omega Datalogger. I did install the USB to Serial driver.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!!

Arpi (original poster)

#15: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Hi.

Check your INBOX, pm sent.

Whale

#16: Post by Whale »

There seems to be some issues with communication that I have not resolved yet. When starting a roast session and first using the Artisan; the readings often go to high range or zero randomly. The warmer the system the less I get these "weird" readings. I do not run multiple datalogging applications at the same time anymore. The datalogger itself does not show these "excursions" and the Omega software gets the same "weird" readings as well but displays them as zero values/Time out.

This would make me think that it is the communication between the datalogger and the computer that is no working good. The better working at high temperature (or longer usage) is something that I really do not understand.

I know that it is most probably not linked to the Artisan application but If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
LMWDP #330

Be thankful for the small mercies in life.

Arpi (original poster)

#17: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Hi W.

Some thoughts.

Never experienced that problem. I have always used mine with an AC adapter. The HH806U uses 2400 baud rate. The HH806A uses 19200.

Is it affecting one thermocouple or both? Do you have spare thermocouples to try? If the connections inside the connector are not good you can get artifacts.

You could ask for a replacement if the meter is under warranty.

Cheers

Whale

#18: Post by Whale »

I do not know why I am experiencing this but when using the Artisan in Celsius, I cannot change the temperatures of the transition between dry and mid phase. It seems to be "stuck" at 125°C. The phase temperatures are all free in the Fahrenheit mode though.

Images posted by other user seem to allow this temperature to be set but I cannot? Funny thing is that whenever I switch from F to C, the phase transition from dry to mid is always at the 300 F/150C on the display. Which is what I have seen posted by others so maybe it is a universal limitation.
LMWDP #330

Whale

#19: Post by Whale »

I am using the HH806AU with the AC adapter. The Artisan is set to 19200 Baud rate. I have used many different Thermocouples; beads (from 3 different vendor), Long and short probes, J types, K types. And getting the same behaviour.

The meter is still under warranty as it is less than a month old.
LMWDP #330

Arpi (original poster)

#20: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Well, it could be the meter, the software, or the computer. Since you have the same problem with the Omega software, then it is reduced to two culprits:

1 the meter (cable, etc) [most probable]

2 the computer + Operating System + USB driver (you could try a different one and see what happens just in case)

If you try another computer and experience same problems, then it is the meter

Check also your ambient temp (maybe using it in a garage). It needs to be above 32F.

Cheers

PS: Thanks for your feedback about the bugs of the phases. The phases have been fixed now, but I don't think the next release will be ready till ~ two weeks.