Artisan 2.8 Released - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
kennelcoffee

#11: Post by kennelcoffee »

I'm a very newbie roaster and so also a newbie with Artisan Scope but I am really happy this software exists in the public domain and also very happy for the Quick Start guide.

I don't know if this is a 2.8 issue since I had not tried to put an offset in under the previous release, but when I add an offset to my symbolic assignment such as BT x-5 and then click on Update Profile, the BT and RoR graphs disappear. My event markers are still visible but no graph lines. I was under the impression I could apply an offset and then look at it for the current foreground profile. Am I missing something?

MaKoMo

#12: Post by MaKoMo replying to kennelcoffee »

Most likely your symbolic formula is wrong and evaluates to an error for all readings. Did you use the wrong
BT x-5
or the correct
x-5
?

kennelcoffee

#13: Post by kennelcoffee replying to MaKoMo »

I used simply 'x-5' for the BT symbolic reference. I had played with entering offsets before without an issue, but I had never tried to use the Update Profile button on an existing profile until yesterday.

zeece

#14: Post by zeece »

kennelcoffee wrote:I used simply 'x-5' for the BT symbolic reference. I had played with entering offsets before without an issue, but I had never tried to use the Update Profile button on an existing profile until yesterday.
You are offsetting BT for an already completed roast profile, so 'x' is the wrong symbol here. This requires using "Y2-5" for the equation then hit Update Profile. Y2 is the symbol for BT stored in a recorded profile. Y2 and x mean different things. See the help button on the Symb ET/BT tab.

Use "x-5" to offset when live recording. Here x is the symbol for the incoming raw temperature channel reading. It tells Artisan to adjust the live temperature before recording it in the profile. When you use "x-5" and then hit Update Profile, Artisan tries to subtract 5 from the incoming BT reading. The incoming BT is undefined so Artisan writes -1 for each BT temperature value.

kennelcoffee

#15: Post by kennelcoffee »

Well now, that makes sense. I'm usually a strong proponent of RTFM, but the help wasn't triggering my brain until you brought it up. Going back and looking again, well duh. Thanks so much.

Chert

#16: Post by Chert »

I installed release 2.8. Thanks Artisan team. I look forward to roasting with the new features.
LMWDP #198

pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by pcofftenyo »

Will be installing the 2.8 release. Donation made - thanks team!