Artisan 2.4.6 released with Sweet Marias as our inaugural Sponsor

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Hi all,

2.4.6 has been released and I am pleased to announce Sweet Maria's has sponsored this release so please help them by picking up some greens.

In the release notes, you will find there is a new feature: Tracking Energy Consumption & CO₂ Production as well as enhanced integration with Artisan Plus, and other features and enhancements.

If you haven't yet tried Artisan Plus you can try a three month free subscription. That's a great way to support the Artisan Project. I have seen so many here with a great variety of beans and its an excellent way to track your inventory and roasts.

Hope everyone enjoys the new features. Marko, Dave and Michael
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

mkane
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by mkane »

Thanks

Donation made

Beans ordered

Advertisement
CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#3: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to mkane »

Mike thanks for your support and leadership here.
Artisan.Plus User-

#4: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

Also note the new Support structure from the blog post linked in the first post.

We added a help page on artisan-scope.org, which holds links to all information resource available around Artisan and contains newly composed list of frequently asked questions (FAQ). To foster the discussions of the Artisan community on the software and beyond, we established Artisan Discussion Forum on GitHub. To post on this forum, a GitHub registration is required (see how register on GitHub and how to describe to Artisan discussions, by Dave). Our idea is to move technical discussion from the Artisan mailing list to this new support forum and reserve the mailing list for announcements to the community.
Artisan.Plus User-

thusband

#5: Post by thusband »

Is Artisan moving towards subscription? I must have missed that. I make regular contributions and have been using Artisan for several years with my Huky. I roast maybe two pounds about every other week so 99 Euros a year seems a little steep.

edit: Maybe that's for the inventory service? If so that's reasonable.

daustin777

#6: Post by daustin777 »

Is Artisan moving towards subscription?
The subscription is for the Artisan Plus inventory system that tracks your green inventory.
David Austin

#7: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

Yes its the inventory system and it integrates with Artisan. I find it excellent for deciding what to roast and knowing what I have. We are working on ways for users to recoup their subscription cost. Stay tuned. Give it a try. The Artisan team wants to keep it free but there are development costs and donations and Artisan Plus help cover those.

Also those with Artisan Plus won't get the donation reminders.
Artisan.Plus User-

Advertisement
happycat

#8: Post by happycat »

Just a data point for you from a former user.

I used Artisan for many years until my MacOS became obsolete. I was surprised that seemingly old versions of Windows and Linux glib are required but MacOS requirements keep advancing and my laptop has not been suitable for MacOS updates for years.

I guess I could do a linux usb stick, but I switched to roastlogger (a java app) a few years ago instead.

The laptop's abilities remain the same but some continual upgrading of dependencies has left it behind.
LMWDP #603

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by Brewzologist »

Thanks guys! Donation sent. Beans to be ordered.

#10: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

happycat wrote: I was surprised that seemingly old versions of Windows and Linux glib are required but MacOS requirements keep advancing and my laptop has not been suitable for MacOS updates for years....The laptop's abilities remain the same but some continual upgrading of dependencies has left it behind.

I am sorry for this too, and not sure what your description means exactly; but being the non tech guy on the team I can tell you as it was for me. I had a 2011Mac that could no longer run Artisan. The reason is that the libraries that is built on no longer support the older Mac OS versions. It was that simple. Artisan is open source and doesn't control that aspect.

Glad you found an alternative that suits your needs in the meantime.
Artisan.Plus User-