Arc 800 RTD Review

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
sketchy

#1: Post by sketchy »

I've had some questions about this roaster in other communities, so I thought I'd share some thoughts about the Arc 800 RTD at:

https://engineering-espresso.com/2023/1 ... e-roaster/

mckolit

#2: Post by mckolit »

Great looking roaster. Nice article. How many roasts does a propane tank go through?

sketchy (original poster)

#3: Post by sketchy (original poster) »

Thank you. I'm at about 63 roasts right now, and I think the tank is getting pretty light, so I'll need to refill pretty soon. I think I've heard from others with this roaster that I was in the same ball park. It kinda depends on how long you usually warm it up.

Capuchin Monk

#4: Post by Capuchin Monk »

This will give you a visual aid on tank level. :arrow: https://www.amazon.com/Indicator-Detect ... 007WH7S4A/

sketchy (original poster)

#5: Post by sketchy (original poster) »

Yes, good idea!

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by LBIespresso »

You can also pour hot water on the tank and feel where the tank goes from warm to cool...that is the level the gas is at. Works especially well in the cold weather!
LMWDP #580

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Brewzologist »

The most accurate way I've found to determine how much propane remains is to weigh the tank on an accurate bathroom scale and subtract the empty weight stamped on the tank.
★ Helpful

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#8: Post by LBIespresso »

I also did myself a favor and bought a 30 pound tank a couple of years ago. Now I just refill it when it is low instead of giving back a tank with some gas or ending a roast too soon by running out of gas.
LMWDP #580

andrespineda01

#9: Post by andrespineda01 »

have you felt any difference in the roast depending how much gas you got left in the tank?