ARC 800 Roaster - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
beanman
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by beanman »

Great to see more ARC 800 posts.
Nice job on the roaster table setup and venting.
Keep us updated on your success. I think the ARC would be more popular if more people posted about them.

okmed (original poster)

#12: Post by okmed (original poster) »

beanman wrote: I think the ARC would be more popular if more people posted about them.
Thanks Wayne, I have to agree. I see you have a BC-2 roaster. I had initially ordered the BC-2 from Randy Harper at Buckeye but unfortunately while my roaster was sitting at the factory in China waiting to be shipped, the area was hit with torrential rain and flooded the factory. One of the reasons I chose Buckeye was all the good feedback I read about dealing with Randy Harper. That was not hype. He is a top notch gentleman to deal with and I received my full refund after deciding I didn't want to wait for the factory to get up and running again. I can't say enough good things about him.
I have to say that my purchasing experience with Showroom Coffee has been very positive also, and I'm very pleased with the ARC so far. I'm sure I would have been very pleased with the BC-2 also.

Capuchin Monk

#13: Post by Capuchin Monk »

okmed wrote:I have 4-1/2" of styrofoam insulation sandwiched between the inner and outer plywood I used to close off the window opening.
You may want to also insulate the basement side of exhaust pipes near the opening as well to prevent condensation on the surface. Just a thought.

okmed (original poster)

#14: Post by okmed (original poster) replying to Capuchin Monk »

Not as easy on the gas vent piping because "B-vent" requires a minimum of 1 inch space to combustible material. I'd have to find some non combustible insulation. Probably a good idea though for the bean cooling vent. Thanks for the suggestion.

Capuchin Monk

#15: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Something like this maybe.

okmed (original poster)

#16: Post by okmed (original poster) replying to Capuchin Monk »

Ya, that's the ticket! I'll have to see if some of my old tradesmen buddies that are still working can scrounge me up a short piece.