Anaerobic natural coffees - Page 8

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
PhilthyCoffee

#71: Post by PhilthyCoffee »

I just picked up a 72hr light roasted anaerobic from Passenger. Their longest of 4 of their "Mutana experiment" series. About 6 months ago, I had an Anaerobic Worka Chelseba from B&W that I wasn't a huge fan of, but I just grabbed 125g of this new 72hr to play with. I'm not really a big fan of Natural coffees as drip, but I have enjoyed some as espresso and I know it's still a process that's getting the kinks ironed out for the industry as a whole. Any idea of ideal rest time for something like this, and is there a general guide for rest suggestions for some these non-conventional processed coffees?

Almico
Supporter ★

#72: Post by Almico »

Picking up a bag of my first anaerobic natural on Tuesday. Tiny farm, but scores high in acidity, high in body and very high in sweetness. I couldn't resist.

https://www.royalny.com/offering/colomb ... l-tabi-gp/

Almico
Supporter ★

#73: Post by Almico »

Just wow! Picked up this coffee this morning. The fermentation aroma was trying its best to escape the grain pro from the back of my Jeep on the way back to the roastery, so I was a bit concerned. But only an hour off roast it is spectacular. Big chocolate-covered strawberry notes with a healthy dose of cherry brandy. Can't wait till it rests a few day. Oh boy.

Used my normal light roast profile. 5:00 to dry, 4:00 more to 1C. 18* and 1:35 to drop.

Milligan

#74: Post by Milligan »

Almico wrote:Just wow! Picked up this coffee this morning. The fermentation aroma was trying its best to escape the grain pro from the back of my Jeep on the way back to the roastery, so I was a bit concerned. But only after be hour off roast it is spectacular. Big chocolate-covered strawberry notes with a healthy dose of cherry brandy. Can't wait till it rests a few day. Oh boy.

Used my normal light roast profile. The 5:00 to dry, 4:00 more to 1C. 18* and 1:35 to drop.
The Tabi I got from Hacea was eye opening for me. The aroma coming off of the green beans smelled wonderful for a change. Not the raw grain/hay smell that I'm used to. Makes a lovely cup. Curious to hear what your patrons think of it if it ends up in your cafes!