Aida Batlle Selection: Washed Kilimanjaro Discussion - Page 15

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
aidabatlle
Sponsor

#141: Post by aidabatlle »

Love it!

VirtualCoffeeLab

#142: Post by VirtualCoffeeLab »

Hi Aida, I am a home coffee roaster who roasts on a Mill City 500 gram. I purchased your home roaster selection and wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your coffee. I think that it is pretty special to have a farm think about the home roaster. My Son and I roasted this coffee this week and we highlighted the coffee on my YouTube channel dedicated to home roasters. We highly recommend the home roaster to try the Finca Kilimanjaro coffee! We were excited to see how the Kenyan varietal would influence the notes along with the bourbon. I just wanted to thank you for such a wonderful coffee. It tastes delicious!!

Thanks,
Mike

Cerini Coffee & Gifts: official US importer for Olympia Express
Sponsored by Cerini Coffee & Gifts
aidabatlle
Sponsor

#143: Post by aidabatlle »

VirtualCoffeeLab wrote:Hi Aida, I am a home coffee roaster who roasts on a Mill City 500 gram. I purchased your home roaster selection and wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your coffee. I think that it is pretty special to have a farm think about the home roaster. My Son and I roasted this coffee this week and we highlighted the coffee on my YouTube channel dedicated to home roasters. We highly recommend the home roaster to try the Finca Kilimanjaro coffee! We were excited to see how the Kenyan varietal would influence the notes along with the bourbon. I just wanted to thank you for such a wonderful coffee. It tastes delicious!!

Thanks,
Mike
video
I am so grateful for all of your support and feedback. It's so wonderful to hear so many of you are enjoying the coffee. Although we only have Washed available now, in a few months we will have different processes available for you to try out. Beautiful clean coffees :D

edschlukebir
Supporter ♡

#144: Post by edschlukebir »

I'm late to the party, but I got 25# off of the website. The temperatures finally got warm enough, and I got up the courage to roast my first batch tonight. Can't wait to try it in the morning.

aidabatlle
Sponsor

#145: Post by aidabatlle » replying to edschlukebir »

Can't wait to see what you think! Hope you liked the little jute bag :wink:

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#146: Post by LBIespresso »

My first roast of this coffee was dropped early and was a super sweet light roast that seemed like I needed to take it a bit darker. Each successive roast had been darker until I went too far. By too far, with this coffee, meant a delicious cup without a ton of character and a sweet chocolatey espresso with a hint of plum at the end. Below is my latest go and by far my best in the cup. Still sweet but more complex and more of the brightness I prefer without any underdevelopment notes to my palate.

How rewarding to roast a green that has been so meticulously cared for from seed to my doorstep. I have enjoyed every roast but this latest was my best.
LMWDP #580