Aida Batlle Selection: Washed Kilimanjaro Discussion - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
sosha
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by sosha »

TomC wrote:A worthy point; I am arranging a Zoom meeting with Aida Batlle with Home-Barista.com where she can engage with the audience here. Most likely aiming for a Saturday at some point, where more folks can participate. More to come!
Did this ever happen Tom? Or is is still in the future?
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

[creative nickname]

#12: Post by [creative nickname] »

Roasted some this afternoon (first chance to roast I've had in a while). It smelled heavenly coming out of the roaster. I'll post again once I get the chance to taste the results.

Thanks again to Tom for making this possible!
LMWDP #435

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#13: Post by TomC (original poster) »

sosha wrote:Did this ever happen Tom? Or is is still in the future?

Hasn't happened yet. I'm headed to the post office in 20 minutes to drop off 7 more packages. So everyone who's paid has coffee heading their way. I stayed holed up the past 2 days indoors because of the horrible smoke and bad air.

I know there's still several folks I haven't replied to yet. But I'll get to everyone.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

mkane
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by mkane »

Roasted 2 batches today. I ground 25g and I'll try it as a pour over after it's off gassed for an hour.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by mkane »

I'm horrible with descriptors so let's get on with it. Nice mouth feel with a hint of pear & sweet delicacy. If I don't slow down there be none left to taste at room temp.

This roast didn't go as planned so next time Ill draw back the fire earlier and with more aggression.

Not quite room temp and there's some bittersweet chocolates hiding in there. No vegetal notes!!!!

mkane
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by mkane »

Morphed into a very well balanced cup. Clean front to back. I like this one hot.

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#17: Post by TomC (original poster) »

30 pounds went out yesterday. Another 24 going out today, just waiting for the last payment to post so they all go out today. I can ship tomorrow as well, although the window is narrower.

Everyone who wants this coffee should have received a PM from me by now. I still have some tracking numbers to email out from folks who's coffee shipped yesterday
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Zaneemomo
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by Zaneemomo »

I roasted my first batch of the washed today. Chewing a freshly cooled bean I got a lemony zing, was not really expecting that. Will brew a cup in the morning. I am also about a week into the natural from Roastmasters, which has been terrific. Blueberry, chocolate, nice body and mouthfeel. Everyone I've shared some with has loved it.

Zaneemomo
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by Zaneemomo »

First pourover, 16 hr post roast. Caramel, some lemon but very mild not in your face, maybe apple in the finish. Really smooth as it cools. The coffee is definitely worthy of moving the puppy cuddled in my lap to brew more!

Boldjava

#20: Post by Boldjava »

Almico wrote:...As I've been learning to roaster lighter and lighter, I'm finding coffees actually taste less and less distinct after a point.
Amen. Had a cup in a well know shop in Tucson where barista bragged on how lightly they roast. Tasted like freshly mown lawn.
This profile allows for a pretty wide range of light roasts...
Helpful. It appears that you spent about 1:45 in 1st before dropping. Good leaping off data for me when the beans arrive.

Dave
-----
LMWDP #339