2 Day Free Shipping Sale from Theta Ridge if over $50 - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
GC7

#11: Post by GC7 »

JohnB. wrote:I picked up 5lbs each of the Sweet Blue & Full Bloom. Thanks!
Full Bloom looks really interesting and unusual for a Brazil bean. I've never tried anything but the Sweet Blue. Let us know if their description is accurate.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by JohnB. replying to GC7 »

Yes, it sounded like it might make a very nice s/o shot. Might also try mixing some of the Sweet Blue in with it.
LMWDP 267

glf
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by glf »

Thanks for the tip, OP. I picked up the Sweet Collection, the Bob O Link and a Panama Boquete. 15lbs under $75 nice.

jevenator

#14: Post by jevenator »

Picked up:

Daterra - Full Bloom
Brazil - Bob O Link
Colombian Decaf EA Process

mkane
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by mkane »

Full Bloom - Bob 0link - sweet blue #5 each $75. Stash increasing once again. Thanks

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#16: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Sounds like they do this end of summer sale each year? Can anyone confirm.

I updated the Green Coffee Sources thread with the sale and noted they import Daterra Farms.

Green Coffee Sources List - 2020 What is Wowing You?
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

cmapes

#17: Post by cmapes »

If this is their 2020 lots for sale it might be a great deal. I had only 1 experience with Theta Ridge were I placed orders for multiple Daterra farms beans and was not impressed to be honest. Not sure if they were not a fresh lot or what but I did one roast and that was plenty for me. They're sitting in my stash and probably won't be prioritized to make it in my chest freezer. I have them labeled in my inventory as "Tier 5", out of a 0-5 scale.

If people end up being pleased I might consider trying again in the future.

thirdcrackfourthwave

#18: Post by thirdcrackfourthwave replying to cmapes »

You're probably right--if it seems to good. . . . .. Anyhow it was too cheap for me not to try some stuff I otherwise wouldn't bother with plus it looks like I helped save some orangatangs (sic?) I did pick up some Daterra I've been staying away from S. Am in general BUT you should see what I give DW if stuff doesn't work out. My neighbor died so I was making her cold brew with 'Carl Death Coffee' the widow gave me. CDC was grocery store house brand. Shhhhh!

Ron (original poster)

#19: Post by Ron (original poster) »

I'm the OP. At the start of the sale I went for two of my all-time favorites: Harrar and Kenya AA. After reading your comments, I figured I'd go for another 50 buck order and try something new, so I went for two Daterras and Bob O Link. That may be enough for around a year--in time for the next free shipping sale. At this rate I may never have to pay for postage.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by JohnB. »

GregoryJ wrote:Any recommendations if I like to roast a little bit into second crack for espresso?
Based on the roasting notes I've seen for the Sweet Blue I wouldn't take the roast past Full City. I don't think there is anything to be gained by hitting second crack. I'll try a City+ & a Full City roast and see which one I like best although a mixture of the 2 roasts might be the way to go.
LMWDP 267