Synesso Cyncra Single Group - A Home Barista's Perspective - Page 8

Behind the scenes of the site's projects and equipment reviews.
pdx

#71: Post by pdx »

cannonfodder wrote:Are those saucers sitting under the machine, or are you using them as legs? :?
No, I'm not using saucers for legs.

That's just where I stash my saucers. I ordered the machine with the short legs, which are 2 1/2" long. The "NSF" standard legs are 6".
Ben King.

Theodore

#72: Post by Theodore »

malachi wrote:The Dolce is a finicky coffee but when it's good... damn is it ever good!
Oh my God.
I have a Reneka Techno, for five years, and I have not ever seen such a shot.
I am jealous. So, I wait a comparative test, between this machine, and the two others of the upper class. The MX3 and the GS3.
Then I will have a meeting with myself and my Bank account, and we will see.
I wish to you a Happy New Year.
Regards from Athens Greece,
Theodore.
Espresso uber alles.

Theodore

#73: Post by Theodore »

Looking at the pictures of the interior, I have a question, which comes again and again to me.
Is it possible to have a machine, which will have the ability to put on and off the hot/steam water boiler, as I never make cappuccinos?
I think it is stupid to heat some liters of water, without reason.
Theodore.
Espresso uber alles.

Jepy

#74: Post by Jepy »

Is it possible to have a machine, which will have the ability to put on and off the hot/steam water boiler, as I never make cappuccinos?
The Cyncra has this ability. I often leave the steam tank off completely. You just won't have pre-heated water entering the coffee boiler tank(s), which can be too hot IMHO if the machine sits for a while

Rosemary

#75: Post by Rosemary »

Theodore wrote: I am jealous. So, I wait a comparative test, between this machine, and the two others of the upper class. The MX3 and the GS3.

Theodore.

I'd love to see anyones comments on the three machines as well now that the GS3 is in production.

Thanks
Rosemary

Theodore

#76: Post by Theodore »

Hi again.
So, we now "have", three upper class machines. The M3X, the GS3, and the Cyncra.
It would be nice, if someone, expert, could test all three, so as to have a full knowledge about them.
It is a lot of money, if we made the decision to invest in one of them.
I hope this,(the test), will be done, soon.
Regards,
Theodore.
Espresso uber alles.

pdx

#77: Post by pdx »

I'm not sure the M3X is or will be made. I tried to order one for a client this year & was assured they would be produced last summer, but they wouldn't take a deposit or sell an "old" M3. I've never heard that they are going ahead with the project & I notice the webpage hasn't been updated to reflect a new release date.

I have my Synesso in Portland. It seems likely that a GS3 will end up in the area whenever they ship. It would be easy to do a side-by-side comparison between the two. It would also be fairly apples-to-apples as my Synesso is a 110v, and I'm sure Billy or someone with an established reputation & very consistent technique could test them.

I've only heard rumors of when GS3's might ship. In one shows up in Portland let me know.
Ben King.

Theodore

#78: Post by Theodore »

Hi.
I found the Greek LM dealer in Athens, and I talked about the GS3.
He does not know about, but the manufacturer, had told him last summer, that he would be ready to ship on December. And that if the local dealer wanted some piece, should order it by summer..
I arrange to visit the dealer one of these days, so if there is some news, I write about.
As you know, Italy, is very close to Greece, so it is possible to have some news.
Regards,
Theodore.
Espresso uber alles.

JimWright

#79: Post by JimWright »

Reviving a long-sleeping thread here, but I'm curious to know (if anyone else does), has Synesso made any improvements that would change the temperature stability of the Cyncra?

Now that the GS/3 is finally shipping, I'd be very eager to see any comparison between production boxes as well.

pdx

#80: Post by pdx »

JimWright wrote:Reviving a long-sleeping thread here, but I'm curious to know (if anyone else does), has Synesso made any improvements that would change the temperature stability of the Cyncra?.
Synesso has made a couple of changes. The PID & temp sensor have been updated to give 0.1F degree resolution. I didn't bother making this upgrade to my machine- I think that degree of control is probably not as big a deal as some have claimed.

Another upgrade they've made is a different SSR & heatsink for the brainbox that eliminates the cooling fan. This is a big deal to me in terms of electronics hygiene & noise.
Ben King.